At Jake’s Fireworks, we take fireworks safety very seriously
Pittsburg, Kan. (PRWEB) June 27, 2014
On the last weekend to plan and purchase fireworks for this Fourth of July, Jake’s Fireworks is reminding the public that it’s important to review fireworks safety tips before celebrating our nation’s Independence Day. “At Jake’s Fireworks, we take fireworks safety very seriously. We want to make sure folks know how to properly shoot fireworks so everyone has a great and safe Fourth of July celebration,” Jake Marietta, Jake’s Fireworks.
The following safety tips can be found on jakesfireworks.com and are endorsed by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Always read and follow label directions.
- Have an adult present.
- Buy from reliable sellers.
- Use outdoors only.
- Always have water handy (a garden hose and a bucket).
- Never experiment or make your own fireworks.
- Light only one firework at a time.
- Never re-light a “dud” firework (wait 20 minutes, soak it in a bucket of water).
- Never give fireworks to small children.
- If necessary, store fireworks in a cool, dry place.
- Dispose of fireworks properly by soaking in water, before disposing in trash.
- Never throw or point fireworks at other people.
- Never carry fireworks in your pocket.
- Never shoot fireworks in metal or glass containers.
- The shooter should always wear eye protection
- Never have any part of the body over the firework.
- Stay away from illegal explosives.
The public is also encouraged to watch a safety video by Fireworks Moms.
Jake’s Fireworks is a family owned business and family take Top Priority. With this in mind, Jake’s is a proud partner with the Folds of Honor Foundation providing financial aid for children of fallen military men and women to complete their educations. Jake’s Fireworks has created a “Folds of Honor Firework” to be sold over the Fourth of July holiday in all locations. Proceeds from the sale of the 200-gram firework fountain will benefit the Folds of Honor Foundation. In 2013, sales from the Folds of Honor Firework provided 33 scholarships totaling $168,000 to the Folds of Honor Foundation.
About Jake’s Fireworks:
Jake’s Fireworks opened its new world headquarters in 2013 in Pittsburg, Kansas, where Grandma Helen Marietta started the company 75 years ago with a fireworks stand on the side of her country store. The new 500,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility allows Jake’s to carry more inventories and have a central distribution point to serve its many outlets across the Midwest. One of Jake’s proprietary fireworks is the Excalibur, the #1 selling artillery shell firework of all time.