JoomlaBird is offering $100 worth of free consulting on Joomla website maintenance
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) October 28, 2013
JoomlaBird, one of the top Joomla solutions’ contributors and a leading web and mobile website developer, is pleased to offer the Do’s and Don’ts for Joomla website maintenance.
JoomlaBird’s vision is to bring Joomla, the all time award winning Content Management System (CMS) to entire corporate entities, industries and even governmental organizations. Joomla is widely used by both advanced and mid-level developers worldwide to build web sites and powerful online applications. Today, literally millions and millions of websites run on Joomla.
Maintaining Joomla websites may look easy but users frequently end up crashing the live site and make it unrecoverable. As a solution, JoomlaBird recommends referring to our list of Do’s and Don’ts, which have been learned from our years of experience. As you may be aware Joomla has several short term releases and more stable releases. So, it is important to know which version you are using.
Sometimes all of your SEO and Internet marketing work could be wasted if you don’t maintain your Joomla website properly. It is never too late to schedule your monthly maintenance and make sure your Joomla website runs smoothly.
Joomla maintenance: To Do’s!!!
1. You should periodically clear the Joomla cache for your website to run smoother.
2. Verify your website user list and periodically change Joomla’s login credentials.
3. Navigate to every menu to make sure there are no errors. Sometimes a small error can actually be malicious script and may compromise your website to hackers.
4. Always install known extensions downloaded through the Joomla extensions library.
5. Backup your Joomla website monthly, using only popular Joomla backup extensions like Akeeba.
Joomla maintenance: What Not To Do!!!
1. Do not delete any extensions, even unused ones, as this might crash your live site.
2. Never attempt to migrate to a newer Joomla version while the site is live.
3. Do not share your Joomla admin credentials.
4. Avoid accessing the Joomla admin panel from public computers.
5. Don’t update customized extensions, as only the new base versions will be installed, while losing all of your previous customization.
JoomlaBird is offering $100 worth of free consulting on Joomla website maintenance; but this offer is only valid for next 30days. To take advantage of this offer, contact JoomlaBird today by email to info[at]joomlabird[dot]com or call JoomlaBird at 1-214-988-9486.