Lafayette, CA (PRWEB) August 15, 2013
The annual Lafayette Art & Wine Festival is thriving as a growing regional event, attracting nearly four-times the town’s 24,000 population during the Festival weekend each September and consistently voted by readers of Diablo Magazine as, “Best of the East Bay.”
The 2013 Lafayette Art & Wine Festival will be held on Saturday, September 21 (10am-7pm) and Sunday, September 22 (10am-6pm) in Lafayette, CA.
Here are 7 top reasons why this Festival is considered by many to be the Bay Area’s favorite End of the Summer Party:
1. LOCATION. LOCATION. LOCATION. The Festival is held in the heart of beautiful downtown Lafayette at one of the best times of its year, just steps from the Lafayette BART station, a few blocks from the Lafayette-Moraga bike trail (secure valet bike parking provided), two blocks off Highway 24, and an easy walk or shuttle from complimentary Festival parking.
2. CONTINUOUS MUSIC & DANCING – with NO COVER CHARGE. 2 Days. 4 Stages. Room to dance to familiar tunes played by 20 of the Bay Area’s headliner cover bands, including The Sun Kings, Fleetwood Mask, Aja Vu, Petty Theft, Zebop!, The Spazmatics, East Bay Mudd, and Annie Sampson of Stoneground fame. Click here to view the complete list of bands.
3. UNIQUE WINE & BEER OFFERINGS at THE PARTY WITHIN THE PARTY. Popular wines, beers and ales are served throughout the Festival footprint, but the real action for connoisseurs happens in the Premium Wine & Craft Beer Pavilion (“The Party within the Party”), where there are selections of high-end wines and craft beer that most people never get a chance to taste, including wines from the backyard vineyards of Lamorinda.
4. FOOD: CHOICE IS EVERYWHERE, INCLUDING LAFAYETTE’S RESTAURANT ROW FARE. More than 20 of Lafayette’s top restaurants are in the Festival’s footprint plus there are dozens of other food vendors and Food Trucks that offer everything from pulled pork tacos to crab cakes.
5. ORIGINAL FINE ART & CRAFTS. People from all over the Bay Area come to shop at the Festival's 260+ local and regional artists booths, including the “Local Artists Alley” which showcases Lafayette, Moraga, and Orinda fine artists who are members of the Lafayette Gallery and Lamorinda Arts Alliance.
6. FAMILY & PET FRIENDLY. People move to Lafayette for the family friendly lifestyle, so it’s no surprise that this is a family friendly festival, starting with a large KID-ZONE. There is also plenty for family dogs to see and smell, as well as easy access to Festival water bowls!
7. BUDGET FRIENDLY. This event is a fundraiser that supports the Lafayette Chamber’s many programs, other local non-profits, and area schools, but attendees don't have to spend. The Festival Experience offers many things that are free -- admission (including access to music stages), parking, easy shuttle service from Festival Parking, and secure bike valet.
NEW THIS YEAR:
BEST OF THE FESTIVAL BAND CONTEST & FAN SWEEPSTAKES. Fans vote via Text Message. Each entry enters the voter into a Sweepstakes to win Lafayette Restaurant Gift Cards.
AMERICA's CUP VIEWING. The Festival is offering large screen real time video coverage of the 2013 America’s Cup finals, courtesy of Xfinity.
For complete Lafayette Art & Wine Festival details, go to http://www.lafayettefestival.com.
ABOUT THE LAFAYETTE ART & WINE FESTIVAL ORGANIZERS AND SPONSORS
1. The Lafayette Art & Wine Festival is an annual event that promotes Lafayette’s Downtown and raises money for local education, the Lafayette Chamber of Commerce and many other local non-profit organizations.
2. The event is produced by the Lafayette Chamber of Commerce in partnership with the City of Lafayette and Eckerstrom Productions.
3. This event is sponsored by Xfinity, BMW Concord, Mechanics Bank, La Fiesta Square, NBC Bay Area, Diablo Foods, Sutter Health Alta Bates Summit Medical Center, Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, Minute Man Press Lafayette, Contra Costa Times, Bank of the West, Chevron, C&M Party Props, Special Events, Whole Foods, Wine Thieves, BART, Ninkasi Brewing, Stella Artois, Diablo Magazine, Lamorinda Publishing, Lamorinda Patch, Red House Studios, Lamorinda Web, Douglas Parking, Champlin Wireless Communications, AMR, Central Self Storage, Lucas Paving, EBMUD, Lamorinda CERT, Rotary Club of Lafayette, Lamorinda Sunrise Rotary Club, 92.1 KKDV, and Oakwood Athletic Club.