Albion, MI (PRWEB) November 27, 2013
Narconon Freedom Center urges families to enroll their loved ones struggling with addiction into a long term residential drug rehab facility immediately. As part of their ongoing holiday addiction drug education campaign, they provide 7 reasons why this holiday season is the best time.
If the holiday season is a time of family togetherness and spreading the season’s cheer, why would it be a good time to start a long term drug rehab program? Wouldn’t the addict miss out on the time of year that could help them recover from addiction on their own? Not exactly.
While the holiday season has plenty of potential for greetings and cheer, it also carries with it an unforgiving weight. It’s a time filled with financial stress and family strain if faced while struggling with addiction.
"The first and most important reason to enroll an addict into a drug rehab program immediately is that the holiday season is the highest risk time of year for the addict which can result in an overdose and death," says Brian Kuehne, Executive Director Narconon Freedom Center Michigan. "We highly recommend giving the gift of sobriety and life."
Following are 6 more reasons to start a drug rehab program now instead of later:
1. Addiction is often intensified during the holiday season.
2. "Oh, the weather outside is frightful" - escaping unpleasant weather can help facilitate successful addiction recovery.
3. Work and school take a break. The holidays are often accompanied by breaks from school and slower business making it easier to take a leave of absence.
4. Family gatherings during the holidays aren’t the same with an addicted loved one. Unfortunately for families dealing with addiction, the "family togetherness" can be stripped of its holiday joy and replaced with frustration, anger and confusion. Contrary to popular belief, the "magic of the season" won’t make an addiction just disappear. Only drug rehab and a commitment to recovery can bring a family closer to the happy and healthy life they once had.
5. Emotions are high around the holidays. While the holidays have the potential to increase feelings of happiness and joy, they just as well might spark heightened feelings of sadness and depression. Escaping these harsh realities and taking time to focus on themselves in a safe and structured environment is exactly what they need to begin the road to recovery.
6. New Year’s Resolutions. The best way to be successful with the resolution of being drug free is to embark on the journey before the New Year rings in. Come January 1st, one can already have the recovery plan and relapse prevention tools in place to be successful in life.
For more information on holiday stress and addiction or to enroll a loved one in drug rehab, call an Intake Counselor today toll-free at 877-362-9682 or visit http://www.freedomdrugrehab.com. All calls are no charge and confidential.
About Narconon Freedom Center
Narconon Freedom Center, Albion, Michigan, is a non-profit alcohol and drug rehabilitation facility licensed through the state. The program has been helping those struggling with substance abuse and alcoholism for over 47 years. William Benitez founded the Narconon program in 1966 with the drug-free rehabilitation education researched and developed by American author and humanitarian L. Ron Hubbard. The Narconon program is a holistic drug-free rehab program. The drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility also provides drug prevention education to schools and community outreach programs. For drug education in your school or community, contact the center at 517-629-8661.