To make it to the National Championship takes preparation and endurance. These players have certainly shown their spirit through intense competitions and earned the chance to play for the title.
Austin, TX (PRWEB) July 15, 2014
Multimedia Games (Nasdaq:MGAM) is hosting the National TournEvent of Champions in collaboration with casinos across the country to crown the nation’s best slot tournament player. Through June, the first 40 casino finalists have qualified to compete for the national title at the Wynn’s XS Nightclub in Las Vegas on October 1, 2014. Qualifying rounds will continue through September with a total of 120 slot players competing for the National Championship and a grand prize of $200,000.
The April-June qualifiers include:
- Isabelle Elliott, Big Bend, Calif., Rolling Hills Casino
- Martin Placko, Edmond, Okla., Riverwind Casino
- Arlene Mohler, Marshalltown, Iowa, Meskwaki Bingo Casino & Hotel
- Janice Kenty, Rainy River, Ontario, Seven Clans Casino - Warroad
- Sheila Williams, Olalla, Wash., Muckleshoot Casino
- Nancy Salisbury, North Liberty, Iowa, Jumer’s Casino & Hotel
- Pamela June Rademacher, Sequim, Wash., 7 Cedars Casino
- Jolynn Rice, Anacortes, Wash., Swinomish Casino & Lodge
- Lonnie Clausnitzer, Puyallup, Wash., Emerald Queen Casino
- Richard Marcoe, Puyallup, Wash., Emerald Queen Hotel & Casino
- Teddy Christensen, Granger, Iowa, Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Resort
- Brandi Hicking, Airway Heights, Wash., Northern Quest Resort Casino
- Larry Lenoch, Rochester, Minn., Treasure Island Casino
- Wendy Lee Davidson, Lewiston, Idaho, Clearwater River Casino
- Alvin Lehman, Columbus, Ind., Indiana Grand Racing & Casino
- Bret Oakerson, Richmond, Ind., Hoosier Park Casino
- Charles Hicks, French Lick, Ind., French Lick Resort & Casino
- Bernadette Gaeta, Madera, Calif., Table Mountain Casino
- Shirley Dowd, Fortuna, Calif., Bear River Casino
- Wayne Austin, South Boardman, Minn., Turtle Creek Casino
- Robert Brian, Five Lake, Mich., Turtle Creek Casino
- Sareth Sok, Richmond, Calif., Cache Creek Casino
- Shelly Wood, Marysville, Calif., Colusa Casino Resort
- Tamell Jackson, Oak Park, Ill., Majestic Star
- Ardyth Lee Biffel, Acampo, Calif., Jackson Rancheria Casino and Hotel
- Edilberto Pimentel, Elk Grove, Calif., Thunder Valley Casino
- Jay Kaster, Green Bay, Wis., Potawotami Carter Casino
- Tammy Phothiboupha, Rockford, Ill., Ho-Chunk Madison Casino
- Angelina Lemus Lopez, Lindsay, Calif., Eagle Mountain Casino
- Sharon Haines, Arcadia, Wis., Ho-Chunk Black River Falls Casino
- Barbara Franken, Milwaukee, Wis., Ho-Chunk Wisconsin Dells Casino
- Christina Scinta-Fox, Niagara Falls, NY, Seneca Niagara Casino
- Brian Woloshen, Dallas, Texas, WinStar World Casino and Resort
- Karen Underhill, Arlington, Texas, WinStar World Casino and Resort
- Thomas Hamilton, Hurst, Texas, WinStar World Casino and Resort
- Susan Nolan, El Cajon, Calif., Spa Resort Casino (2)
- Greg Ostrander, Port Allegany, Pa., Seneca Allegany Casino
- Bruce Bobman, Mercer Island, Wash., BJ’s Bingo Casino
- Dustin Broussard, Kaplan, La., Paragon Casino
- Les Staff, Warroad, Minn., Shooting Star Casino
“Congratulations to all the winners so far,” said Multimedia Games CEO Patrick Ramsey. “To make it to the National Championship takes preparation and endurance. These players have certainly shown their spirit through intense competitions and earned the chance to play for the title."
The National TournEvent of Champions takes slot tournaments to a whole new level. Two TournEvent of Champions buses are crisscrossing the country from April-August, through 22 states with more than 250,000 players competing for the chance to represent their casino in Las Vegas. Casinos are hosting slot leagues, semi-finals and then in-casino finals to find the top player to represent them at the National Championship.
Of the first 40 qualifiers thus far, there are 21 women and 19 men. They range in age from 22-92 and cover a wide spectrum of backgrounds — from real estate agents to entrepreneurs, and military veterans to government workers. Many of the qualifiers are enjoying the golden years of retirement, and one even hails from the Great White North, Canada.
National TournEvent of Champions began in 2012 with regional competitions in California and Washington. The event crowned its first national champion in 2013 after 88 players from 77 casinos competed in the finals at Lagasse’s Stadium at The Palazzo in Las Vegas. The 2014 event is even bigger with 120 players from 98 casinos and a total purse of $500,000 — double the 2013 purse. The National TournEvent of Champions tour buses are sponsored by Strictly Slots, APSM Systems, Effinet, Bensussen Deutsch & Associates, e-gads!, Andover Audio, Quixant, Sequel Data Systems, Unistar-Sparco Computers, Sunkist Graphics and VSR Industries.
About Multimedia Games Holding Company, Inc.
Through its wholly owned subsidiary, Multimedia Games, Inc., Multimedia Games Holding Company, Inc. ("Multimedia Games") develops and distributes gaming technology. The company is a creator and supplier of comprehensive systems, content and electronic gaming units for Native American and commercial casinos. Revenue is derived from gaming units in operation on revenue-sharing arrangements as well as from the sale of gaming units and systems that feature proprietary game content and game themes licensed from others. Multimedia Games also supplies the central determinant system for the video lottery terminals ("VLTs") installed at racetracks in the State of New York. The company is focused on pursuing market expansion and new product development for commercial and tribal casinos and VLT markets. Please visit http://www.multimediagames.com, twitter.com/MultimediaGames or facebook.com/MultimediaGames, where Multimedia Games discloses important information about the company, its sales, and its business.
About the National TournEvent of Champions
The National TournEvent of Champions is a collaboration between Multimedia Games and top casinos across the country to bring unprecedented competition, intensity and glory to the casino floor through a national slot tournament, crowning the only Slot Tournament National Champion. The first National TournEvent of Champions took place in 2013 with 88 players, representing 77 casinos competing for the national title and $100,000 grand prize. The 2014 National TournEvent of Champions finals will host 120 players, representing 98 casinos for a chance at $500,000 in total prize money, including a National Champion’s share of $200,000.