Tip Sheet For Freshening Your Breath from a New Albany Cosmetic Dentist

If you’re going to meet people for a Memorial Day cookout this upcoming weekend, New Albany cosmetic dentist Dr. Ron Receveur knows it is tempting to grab a mint if you have bad breath. But he has just one word for you – STOP!

  • Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on LinkedInEmail a friendRepost This
Dr. Ronald Receveur, provides services including dental implants, IV sedation, and teeth whitening and other aesthetic dentistry.

Dr. Ronald Receveur, provides services including dental implants, IV sedation, and teeth whitening and other aesthetic dentistry.

'Breath mints usually have a bunch of sugar,' Dr. Receveur said. 'Suck on the mint, release the sugar, feed the bacteria and then they multiply! It’s a bad cycle, but you can stop it by eliminating the sugar.'

New Albany, IN (PRWEB) May 22, 2014

If you’re going to meet people for a Memorial Day cookout this upcoming weekend, New Albany cosmetic dentist Dr. Ron Receveur knows it is tempting to grab a mint if you have bad breath. But he has just one word for you – STOP!

That’s because most bad breath is caused by bacteria in your mouth, but not always. For those whose bad breath is caused by a medical condition or medications, mints are probably fine. But for most people, mints just make the problem worse.

“Breath mints usually have a bunch of sugar,” Dr. Receveur said. “Suck on the mint, release the sugar, feed the bacteria and then they multiply! It’s a bad cycle, but you can stop it by eliminating the sugar.”

Dr. Receveur's first tip is to chew sugar-free gum instead of sucking on a mint. This causes your mouth to salivate, cleansing your teeth after a meal.

Another tip to reduce bad breath, or halitosis, is to floss. Brushing removes only about 60 percent of the bacteria in your mouth. Flossing can remove the other 40 percent. Since the bacteria is what causes the smell, reducing the bacteria reduces the smell.

Finally, Dr. Receveur reminds everyone to not forget their tongue, which can store bacteria and tiny food particles.

“Brush your tongue when you brush your teeth,” Dr. Receveur said. “If you have trouble doing that, use a tongue scraper.”

If someone follows these steps and still has bad breath, he or she should see a dentist like Dr. Receveur. It may indicate signs of a medical problem.

Dr. Receveur, who practices in New Albany, Ind., across the Ohio River from Louisville, Ky., can provide general and cosmetic dental work such as teeth cleanings, fillings, extractions, root canals, crowns, teeth whitening and veneers.

He also can do more advanced implant dentistry like dental implants in one day, dental implants in one hour, All on Four dental implants, All on Six dental implants, bone grafting and sinus lifts, all with IV sedation dentistry.

Dr. Receveur graduated from Indiana University Southeast in his native New Albany, Ind., with honors in chemistry. He earned his doctorate in Dental Surgery from the Indiana University School of Dentistry.

Since 1981, Dr. Receveur has helped those in Southern Indiana and Louisville find a cosmetic dentist.

Dr. Receveur has gone to many continuing education courses, achieving more than 5,000 hours of postgraduate training. He has earned numerous advanced certifications in Sedation, Implant, Comprehensive, Restorative and Aesthetic dentistry, so he can provide the latest dentistry to his Louisville and New Albany dental patients.

Those looking for New Albany teeth whitening should go to NewAlbanyImplants.com for more information.


Contact