“With 61% of drug overdose deaths involving an opioid painkiller or heroin, Sober Network is driven to create the most effective recovery apps which are free to the end-user and customizable,” said Sober Network’s Founder and CEO Dr. Harold Jonas.
Delray Beach, FL (PRWEB) September 29, 2016
A new recovery app is proving to be uniquely beneficial in helping battle opioid addiction, while providing multiple benefits to pharmaceutical companies, insurance providers and the criminal justice system. FlexDek MAT Edition, from Sober Network Inc., is designed to help patients receiving outpatient medication-assisted treatment for opioid use. The U.S. Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) recently awarded First Place to FlexDek MAT Edition in its nationwide technology-based Opioid Recovery App Challenge. It is the second major award for Sober Network Inc. Reminderz, an app developed on the FlexDek platform by the company specifically for the pharmaceutical industry, was awarded First Place in a global contest sponsored by UBC, Eli Lilly and Enlight Biosciences in 2014.
FlexDek MAT Edition features which benefit the end-user, pharmaceutical companies, insurance providers and the criminal justice system include:
- Increases client compliance by introducing rewards for usage.
- Works towards reducing relapses which often require re-hospitalization.
- It’s the only recovery app based on the proven science that reward and addiction involve different – yet overlapping – neuroanatomical circuits in the brain.
- It delivers a method of tracking, connecting and accountability for people in recovery.
- It is data driven, precise and scalable – making it affordable for insurance, treatment providers and other stakeholders burdened by increasing costs.
- It empowers users and care managers through customizable levels of clinical involvement.
- It allows pharmaceutical companies to connect directly with their exact target market: MAT patients.
- Easy integration of calls-to-action.
- Maximizes brand awareness, product and service exposure nationwide.
“With 61% of drug overdose deaths involving an opioid painkiller or heroin, Sober Network is driven to create the most effective recovery apps which are free to the end-user and customizable,” said Sober Network’s Founder and CEO, Harold Jonas, PhD, LMHC, CAP. “We’re also excited to enter the 2016 FDA Naloxone App Competition hosted by the Food and Drug Administration. We’re confident our award-winning developers will be able to create the best new app to alert carriers of naloxone to a person in need of the medication.”
The public beta of FlexDek MAT Edition is available now for iPhone. The release version will be available for iOS and Android at the American Association for Treatment of Opioid Addiction Conference in Baltimore on October 29, 2016. Visit https://www.Sober.com or call 561-265-1564 for more information on FlexDek MAT Edition.
Ria Romano, Partner
RPR Public Relations, Inc.