Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) November 23, 2015
Family photos tell a story about the best of times, the worst of times and everything in between. The photos that usually tell the best stories are not the perfect ones, but those laugh-out-loud, awkward photos that “Aunt Jan” took. As we enter the Thanksgiving and holiday seasons, Professional Photographers of America (PPA) is offering families a chance to win a professional photo “redo” and prove the difference professional photographers make by hosting its first-ever Worst Family Photo Contest.
From November 20 through December 5, families can submit their worst family photo showing odd poses, bad lighting, cropped off heads and more. All types of photos are good for entry– from first steps (or falls) to planned events like weddings, family reunions, proms, sporting events, birthday parties, graduations, etc. Anyone can vote for their favorite “worst family photo” and the winner will receive a professional photo shoot valued at up to $1,000.
Worst Family Photo Contest Details:
- Entry period: November 20 - December 5, 2015.
- How to enter: Submit photo at Worst Family Photo Contest. Photos must be in .JPG or .GIF format and at least 1200 pixels at the largest dimension, no larger than 3 megabytes.
- Eligibility: Legal residents of the United States who have reached the age of 18 at the time of entry.
- Voting time period: December 10-25, 2015.
- Voting: All eligible entries received during the entry period will be eligible to win. Anyone can vote for their favorite “worst family photo” on the site and the winner will be determined by the greatest number of votes. Voting ends on December 25, 2015 at 11:59pm EDT.
- Prize: A photo session with a PPA family portrait photographer - $1,000 value.
- Winner notification: Winner will be announced January 8, 2016.
PPA also created a quick and fun quiz for families to see what their photo style says about their family’s unique personality. By answering five questions in the Family Photo-Style Quiz, families can find out what their photography style is – Classic, Shabby Chic, Modern, Eclectic or Vintage, and hopefully prevent further “worst family photos” before they occur.
For more information on family portrait photography or to locate a professional photographer, visit the website: FindAPhotographer.com.
Professional Photographers of America (PPA) is the largest international non-profit association created by professional photographers, for professional photographers. Almost as long-lived as photography itself, PPA’s roots date back to 1869. More than 28,500 photographers belong to PPA as it helps them be more successful through protection, education and resources. See how PPA backs its members and helps them Be More at PPA.com/BeMore.