There are some patients who forget appointments, but many simply don’t return to follow their course of treatment when they begin feeling better. EMRs ensure such patients remain in the system for better patient outcomes.
Denville, NJ (PRWEB) December 23, 2013
“Electronic medical records have simplified many of the standard tasks performed each day in a physical therapy clinic,” said Chhoda. “This physical therapy software helps clinicians establish a more efficient and productive clinic because there are distinct advantages to patients and also to the professionals who treat them.”
Having a web-based EMR represents the pinnacle of current office software with the technology to communicate with clients via mobile devices, submit reimbursement claims electronically, and confer with healthcare professionals in the blink of an eye.
Chhoda said that the systems offer significant advantages to practice owners. He said they should be aware of how they benefit patients for a superior level of treatment and care.
- Clients usually receive care from multiple providers and treatment details can become hazy in a patient’s memory. An EMR records every surgery, treatment and diagnostic performed, along with medications, supplements taken and symptoms reported for an accurate picture of the client’s health status.
- Patients’ complete details are accessible to multiple healthcare providers and are updated instantly when they’re referenced. Since it is stored electronically, patient health information can be accessed from virtually anywhere in the world, require no paper documents, and provides critical data if a patient is incapacitated. Having effective and updated physical therapy documentation is always possible.
- A follow up care to patients can be tracked and contacted with the functionalities contained within an EMR. There are some patients who forget appointments, but many simply don’t return to follow their course of treatment when they begin feeling better. EMRs ensure such patients remain in the system for better patient outcomes.
- Part of clinicians’ tasks is to chart and analyze data for use within their own practice. The information can be collated quickly and easily with an EMR to detect trends within the practice and the public, and ascertain which treatment strategies produce the best results.
- Today’s clinicians are contending with more multifaceted diseases, complicated treatments and potentially dangerous drug interactions. EMRs provide clinicians with the means to track and monitor any change in the patient’s health, prescriptions and treatment to avoid costly and repetitive testing that can delay essential care.
Chhoda’s new information about EMR and their effect on patient care provides clinicians with the tools to produce better outcomes for all their clients. Treatments can be implemented sooner, without the need to rely on an individual’s memory or the duplication of testing. Clinicians are dedicated to providing the best care possible to their clients and EMRs assist therapists in meeting that commitment to excellence.
Chhoda’s office can be reached by phone at 201-535-4475. For more information, visit the website at http://www.emrnews.com.
About Nitin Chhoda
Nitin Chhoda PT, DPT is a licensed physical therapist, a certified strength and conditioning specialist and an entrepreneur. He is the author of "Physical Therapy Marketing For The New Economy" and "Marketing for Physical Therapy Clinics" and is a prolific speaker, writer and creator of products and systems to streamline medical billing and coding, electronic medical records, health care practice management and marketing to increase referrals. He has been featured in numerous industry magazines, major radio and broadcast media, and is the founder of Referral Ignition training systems and the annual Private Practice Summit. Chhoda speaks extensively throughout the U.S., Canada and Asia. He is also the creator of the Therapy Newsletter and Clinical Contact, both web-based services to help private practices improve communication with patients, delivery better quality of care and boost patient retention.