If approached strategically, investing in an online presence can generate incredible ROI, and lead to a number of key benefits – including more marketshare, mind share and competitive advantages.
(PRWEB) March 18, 2014
Business owners and leaders who haven’t yet taken the digital plunge should read the latest blog post from Per Wickstrom, which explores why having an online presence is so important to success.
“Many businesses, especially solo and small ones, are worried that getting online is both a huge investment and a large risk,” commented Per Wickstrom. “However, if approached strategically, investing in an online presence can generate incredible ROI, and lead to a number of key benefits – including more marketshare, mind share and competitive advantages. The key, as mentioned, is doing this strategically.”
According to Per Wickstrom, the 5 best practices for a business’s online presence are:
1. Don’t just “set it and forget it.” While it makes sense to automate certain tasks – such as sending out a newsletter – businesses need to make sure that they’re engaging customers and responding to them on a regular basis. This is especially important for customers who ask questions; the longer they wait for a response, the more they inch towards the competition.
2. Understand how each online platform works – and doesn’t work. Some businesses treat their Twitter feed like it was Facebook, while others use their LinkedIn presence like their Google Places account. Each platform has its own rules and advantages, and it’s essential to understand how to make the most of each one.
3. For the time being, the Internet is something of a “wild west,” in that people can write things that they’d never dream of saying “in real life” for fear of being sued for libel or slander. And while there is an increasing awareness in the courts that Internet commentators need to be held accountable for their actions, the general rule that all businesses should follows is: “when in doubt, be professional.”
4. Remember to separate a business identity with a personal one. While it’s fine to have personal opinions on everything from politics to the latest fashion trends, don’t share, discuss or debate them on any business platforms.
5. Engage prospects and customers with interesting content, contests, giveaways, and other appropriate tactics. Don’t just speak “to” the community; encourage interaction and feedback.
The full text of Per Wickstrom’s latest blog entitled “Why is Having an Online Presence so Important to Success? is available at http://www.perwickstrom.com/business/why-is-having-an-online-presence-so-important-to-success/.
For additional information or media inquiries, contact Amber Howe, Executive Director BDR, at (231) 887-4590 or ahowe(at)rehabadmin(dot)com.
About Per Wickstrom
Per Wickstrom is the President and Founder of Best Drug Rehabilitation, a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center focused on helping individuals through holistic and natural methods. Per believes that it's never too late to turn your life around and do something positive with your life - he is living proof that hard work, perseverance, and a positive attitude can overcome any negative situation.
Learn more at http://www.PerWickstrom.com.