As someone who struggled with addiction in my youth, I know how challenging it can be for addicts to rebuild their confidence and self-esteem after addiction recovery.
(PRWEB) April 08, 2014
Former addicts who have successfully made it through the recovery process and are eager to launch their better, happier and healthier new life ahead, should read the latest blog post from Per Wickstrom entitled “How to Build Confidence after Addiction Recovery.”
“As someone who struggled with addiction in my youth, I know how challenging it can be for addicts to rebuild their confidence and self-esteem after addiction recovery,” commented Per Wickstrom who blogs regularly on topics related to addiction, health, personal development, business success and more at http://www.PerWickstrom.com. “However, with the right focus, knowledge and support system, what may seem like an arduous uphill climb can be refreshingly inspiring, and instantly rewarding.”
According to Per Wickstrom, former addicts should focus on the following to build their confidence:
- Choose a career path that is rewarding and meaningful.
- Focus on goals that fit into the “SMART” framework: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Timed
- Reinforce positivity by celebrating all wins – no matter how small they may seem
- Stay connected to friends, family and members of one’s support network
- Recognize negativity within oneself and in others, and focus on solutions rather than problems
- Set priorities to avoid being spread thin and becoming overwhelmed
- Practice one’s faith – whatever it may be
- Take care of one’s physical health through proper nutrition, exercise and other lifestyle habits
- Keep a good sense of humor and don’t get too serious!
The full text of Per Wickstrom’s latest blog post is available at http://www.perwickstrom.com/addiction/how-to-build-confidence-after-addiction-recovery/.
For additional information or media inquiries, contact Amber Howe, Executive Director BDR, at (231) 887-4590 or ahowe(at)rehabadmin(dot)com.
About Per Wickstrom
Per Wickstrom is the President and Founder of Best Drug Rehabilitation, a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center focused on helping individuals through holistic and natural methods. Per believes that it's never too late to turn your life around and do something positive with your life - he is living proof that hard work, perseverance, and a positive attitude can overcome any negative situation.