(PRWEB) July 10, 2014
In his latest blog post at http://www.perwickstrom.com, entrepreneur, author, speaker and drug treatment facility CEO Per Wickstrom has listed 5 ways to follow-up without being annoying.
“Whether we’re trying to confirm an appointment, get information or sometimes even just return an inquiry, the fact is that following-up without being annoying is a skill that most people don’t have,” commented Per Wickstrom. “However, there is a way to keep the dialogue moving without coming across as annoying – let alone hostile, aggressive or rude.”
According to Per Wickstrom, the 5 ways to follow-up without being annoying are:
1. Focus on the recipient’s self-interest. How would the conversation benefit them? What need of theirs will be acknowledged, supported or satisfied?
2. Identify the root cause or causes. Sometimes, people truly are just too busy to return a call or have a meeting. But often, they’re not willing or interested in making the time. Understanding why can illuminate obstacles that can then be addressed and overcome.
3. Don’t take the lack of response personally. This is sometimes easier said than done, but it’s much more productive – and peaceful – to focus on the facts, rather than get obsessed with an interpretation of those facts which may or may not be correct.
4. Make sure that you’re both “speaking the same language.” Often, people will use the same words in a conversation, but their context and interpretation can be wildly different.
5. Be willing to walk away. There comes a time when “I’ll get back to you” turns into “stop contacting me.” If one reaches this point, politely wind down the dialogue, leave the door open for a future reconnection, and focus elsewhere.
The full text of Per Wickstrom’s latest blog post entitled “5 Ways to Follow-up Without Being Annoying” is available at http://www.perwickstrom.com/business/5-ways-to-follow-up-without-being-annoying/.
For additional information or media inquiries, contact Amber Howe, Executive Director BDR, at (231) 887-4590 or ahowe(at)rehabadmin(dot)com.
About Per Wickstrom
Per Wickstrom is the President and Founder of Best Drug Rehabilitation, a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center focused on helping individuals through holistic and natural methods. Per believes that it's never too late to turn your life around and do something positive with your life - he is living proof that hard work, perseverance, and a positive attitude can overcome any negative situation.