Any entrepreneur who tells you that she or he has never failed – and quite miserably at that – is flat out lying.
(PRWEB) July 23, 2014
In his latest blog post at http://www.perwickstrom.com, entrepreneur, author, speaker and drug treatment facility CEO Per Wickstrom explains why entrepreneurs should plan for failure.
“Any entrepreneur who tells you that she or he has never failed – and quite miserably at that – is flat out lying,” commented Per Wickstrom. “Failure is not the opposite of success; it is in many ways a compliment to success, because it reveals opportunities and shifts perspectives that, ultimately, are essential to achievement.”
According to Per Wickstrom, entrepreneurs who wisely plan for failure – and paradoxically, increase their chances of success -- will do the following:
- Have not just one, but several contingency plans – each of which ready to be implemented at a moment’s notice
- Refuse to lose sight of reality, and taking actions based on objective, honest observations; it’s more important to see what’s really there than what should or ought to be there
- Know how to manage capital rather than just invest it; often, throwing money at a problem makes it worse
- Surround themselves with experts who provide competent advice, whether it’s legal advice, financial advice and so on
- Map out finances, and avoid expanding too far, too fast
The full text of Per Wickstrom’s latest post entitled “Why Entrepreneurs Should Plan for Failure” is available at http://www.perwickstrom.com/business/why-entrepreneurs-should-plan-for-failure/
For additional information or media inquiries, contact Amber Howe, Executive Director BDR, at (231) 887-4590 or ahowe(at)rehabadmin(dot)com.
About Per Wickstrom
Per Wickstrom is the President and Founder of Best Drug Rehabilitation, a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center focused on helping individuals through holistic and natural methods. Per believes that it's never too late to turn your life around and do something positive with your life - he is living proof that hard work, perseverance, and a positive attitude can overcome any negative situation.