(PRWEB) July 29, 2014
In his latest blog post at http://www.perwickstrom.com, entrepreneur, author, speaker and drug treatment facility CEO Per Wickstrom has listed 6 ways to light the “fire” in employees.
“Employers are constantly trying to inspire creativity and avoid complacency, but for some it’s a losing battle,” commented Per Wickstrom. “However, there are proven, progressive and powerful ways to help employees get to the next level; which not only helps them, but the organization as a whole.”
According to Per Wickstrom, 6 ways to light the “fire” in employees so that they embrace the opportunity to grow, innovate and make a bigger and better contribution are:
1. Help employees remember the original spark that inspired them before, perhaps, they experienced setbacks, losses and failures that have jaded them.
2. Focus on group creativity and not just individual creativity by allowing for open, transparent discussions and quality time in meetings.
3. Always recognize and reward creativity; and not only results. Many outcomes are beyond the control of employees, but they should nevertheless be encouraged to show initiative and be part of the solution.
4. Challenge employees by asking for their input on issues that affect the organization as a whole, and not just their team or department.
5. Provide employees with progress updates so that they can see how their ideas and efforts are paying off. Even if progress isn’t as rapid or large as expected, it should still be celebrated.
6. Cultivate an atmosphere of creativity that is characterized by innovation and inspiration.
“Ultimately, employers want everyone pitching in, doing more than the bare minimum, and building a creative atmosphere,” added Per Wickstrom.
The full text of Per Wickstrom’s latest blog post entitled “Complacency vs. Creativity: How to Ignite the `Fire’ in Employees” is available at http://www.perwickstrom.com/business/complacency-vs-creativity-how-to-ignite-the-fire-in-employees/
For additional information or media inquiries, contact Amber Howe, Executive Director BDR, at (231) 887-4590 or ahowe(at)rehabadmin(dot)com.
About Per Wickstrom
Per Wickstrom is the President and Founder of Best Drug Rehabilitation, a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center focused on helping individuals through holistic and natural methods. Per believes that it's never too late to turn your life around and do something positive with your life - he is living proof that hard work, perseverance, and a positive attitude can overcome any negative situation.