Leadership is not a static role that, once achieved, becomes permanent and can therefore be assumed.
(PRWEB) August 27, 2014
Emerging and established leaders who want to ensure that they remain relevant and useful to those they serve – which includes their subordinates – should head over to Per Wickstrom’s blog at http://www.PerWickstrom.com and read his latest must-read blog post titled “10 Top Tips to Help Leaders Maintain their Edge.”
“Leadership is not a static role that, once achieved, becomes permanent and can therefore be assumed,” commented Per Wickstrom, who blogs regularly on a wide variety of topics including business, entrepreneurship, health, personal development, and more. “On the contrary, leadership is an ongoing commitment that requires constant effort.”
According to Per Wickstrom, the 10 tips that leaders should rely on to maintain their edge include:
1. Reading frequently, in order to expand their knowledge and discover new insights, perspectives and paradigms.
2. Being honest and authentic, in order to earn trust vs. assume it.
3. Understanding their team by appreciating the individual qualities of each team member, and putting them in positions to succeed and thrive.
4. Exercising regularly (with their doctor’s approval), in order to have the energy and metal focus they need to make important, leadership-level decisions.
5. Eschewing popularity in favor of respect – the former is fleeting and fickle, while the latter is what sustains elite leaders especially when things don’t go as planned.
6. Establishing long-range goals that creates a vision of where, why and how the organization is going to move forward.
7. Setting short-range goals to create a culture of accomplishment where success is shared and celebrated.
8. Empowering subordinates with an appropriate level of autonomy so they can feel valued and make a valuable contribution.
9. Being punctual at all times, especially when meeting subordinates who should never feel that they are less important.
10. Communicating effectively and, at times, demonstrate to the entire organization how communication should take place. Leaders are also role models.
Added Per Wickstrom: “Great leadership is composed of time-tested attributes, characteristics, qualities and attitudes. Leaders who make the above a core part of their daily life will inspire their teams to achieve unexpected and, sometimes, unprecedented heights of success!”
The full text of Per Wickstrom’s latest blog post is available at http://www.perwickstrom.com/uncategorized/10-top-tips-to-help-leaders-maintain-their-edge/.
For additional information or media inquiries, contact Amber Howe, Executive Director BDR, at (231) 887-4590 or ahowe(at)rehabadmin(dot)com.
About Per Wickstrom
Per Wickstrom is the President and Founder of Best Drug Rehabilitation, a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center focused on helping individuals through holistic and natural methods. Per believes that it's never too late to turn your life around and do something positive with your life - he is living proof that hard work, perseverance, and a positive attitude can overcome any negative situation.