(PRWEB) December 03, 2013
People who dream of being their own boss, or those who have already grabbed the leadership reigns and are looking to elevate to the next level, can check out the latest blog post by Per Wickstrom on the tools they need to be a successful entrepreneur.
“Working for oneself is not a vocation – it’s a passion, commitment and way of life,” commented Per Wickstrom, who is the founder and CEO of Best Drug Rehabilitation. “However, there’s a big difference between being an entrepreneur, and being a successful one; and often, that difference is a matter of knowledge and awareness more than it is talent, resources, skill or even old fashioned good luck.”
With respect to the knowledge and awareness that today’s entrepreneurs need to succeed, Per Wickstrom offers 6 core, critical tips:
1. Find ways to self-motivate: Staying motivated helps both new and experienced entrepreneurs handle inevitable lulls, valleys and challenges. It’s also an invaluable quality to have when it comes to expanding and bringing on staff.
2. Stay driven: Each person has their own special “internal formula” for staying driven. It’s up to each individual entrepreneur to find out what this is, and to cultivate it in order to keep moving forward.
3. Stay educated: It’s easy – and often, inevitable – for the day-to-day demands of business to become so consuming, that entrepreneurs can lose touch with best practices and other information, insights, advice and methods that they need to succeed. Whether it’s through continuing education, reading blog posts at http://www.perwickstrom.com, or any other way, entrepreneurs need to stay educated so they can survive and thrive.
4.Get networking: Entrepreneurs need to have a great network that connects them to associates, allies, advisors, and anyone else who can help them on their journey – and vice versa.
5. Make wise decisions: Many entrepreneurs are fueled by passion, and while this is essential, it’s also typically not enough to make wise, long-term decisions. For that to happen, entrepreneurs also need to invest quality time and resources to make informed, thoughtful decisions with their head – and not just with their heart.
6. Work hard: Many employees dream of being their own boss, and taking three hour lunches or enjoying four day weekends. And while this is certainly possible down the road, 99% of entrepreneurs will spend at least the first few years working harder than they’ve ever worked before. However, because they know that every ounce of effort is in some way powering their dream – and not someone else’s – it truly is a labor of love.
The full text of Per Wickstrom’s latest blog post entitled “The Tools Needed to Become a Successful Entrepreneur” is available at http://www.perwickstrom.com/business/the-tools-needed-to-be-a-successful-entrepreneur/.
For additional information or media inquiries, contact Amber Howe, Executive Director BDR, at (231) 887-4590 or ahowe(at)rehabadmin(dot)com.
About Per Wickstrom
Per Wickstrom is the President and Founder of Best Drug Rehabilitation, a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center focused on helping individuals through holistic and natural methods. Per believes that it's never too late to turn your life around and do something positive with your life - he is living proof that hard work, perseverance, and a positive attitude can overcome any negative situation.
Learn more at http://www.PerWickstrom.com.