(PRWEB) January 07, 2014
Employers and managers who are searching for helpful tips on how they can get more out of their teams through inspiration – rather than intimidation – should read Per Wickstrom’s new blog entitled “5 Ways to Become a Better Boss.”
“Many people essentially have what we can call `boss-hood’ thrust upon them, in the sense that they don’t know the first thing about managing people, but find themselves through luck or accident at the helm of a team,” commented Per Wickstrom, who is also the CEO of Best Drug Rehabilitation. “And unfortunately, the consequences of being a bad boss extend beyond making team members’ lives miserable and sending many of them towards the exit. It also affects overall performance and productivity, and if left unchecked, can threaten organizational survival.”
According to Per Wickstrom, the five ways to be a better boss are:
1. Always listen: be willing to learn, adapt and embrace new solutions and ideas.
2. Pick your battles: while some issues should be addressed head-on, others should be set aside.
3. Set reasonable objectives: while it’s fine to be ambitious and set high goals, if they aren’t realistic than they set up everyone to fail.
4. Focus on the positive: there’s no shortage of problems to solve in any organization; however, it’s essential to accentuate the positive in order to meet those challenges.
5. Be a person, not just a professional: gratitude, praise and congratulations for a job well done should be the norm; not the exception.
“Ultimately, being a boss isn’t just about numbers on a bottom-line,” added Per Wickstrom. “It’s about inspiring people to achieve their potential and, in some cases, exceed it beyond their imagination. When this happens, companies can and do achieve remarkable results – and everyone wins.”
The complete version of Per Wickstrom’s new blog on becoming a better boss is available on his website at http://www.perwickstrom.com/business/5-ways-to-become-a-better-boss/.
For additional information or media inquiries, contact Amber Howe, Executive Director BDR, at (231) 887-4590 or ahowe(at)rehabadmin(dot)com.
About Per Wickstrom
Per Wickstrom is the President and Founder of Best Drug Rehabilitation, a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center focused on helping individuals through holistic and natural methods. Per believes that it's never too late to turn your life around and do something positive with your life - he is living proof that hard work, perseverance, and a positive attitude can overcome any negative situation.
Learn more at http://www.PerWickstrom.com.