We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who took part in the consultation and are pleased to be taking this next step in making the plans for the site become a reality.
Isle of Man, UK (PRWEB UK) 24 September 2015
Peterborough Investment Partnership, the innovative joint venture between Peterborough City Council and the Lucent Strategic Land Fund, will submit an outline planning application for the Fletton Quays site on 25th September.
Fletton Quays, on the South Bank of Peterborough, is the first of several city centre sites that may be brought forward by the Partnership for redevelopment.
A public consultation was held during the summer when local residents showed their support for the plans and regeneration of the area.
The plans will provide a high quality scheme that will bring new vibrancy and life to the South Bank and make the most of the outstanding views across the river towards the Cathedral. The final proposals reflect comments and suggestions made during the public consultation and include:
1. A mixture of restaurants, cafes, leisure, office and retail facilities
2. Refurbishment of the existing Grade II listed rail buildings, incorporating them into the scheme so these important heritage assets are brought back to life
3. The creation of community spaces which will help to establish a new neighbourhood in this part of the city
4. A new and improved network of cycle and pedestrian links that will open up the riverside and provide better connections to the city centre
5. A range of apartments which will provide attractive, high quality, bespoke city centre living opportunities for a mixture of people and introduce a new community in the heart of the proposed development
Pram Nayak, Joint Managing Partner of Peterborough Investment Partnership said, “We want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who took part in the consultation and are pleased to be taking this next step in making the plans for the site become a reality.”
The planning documents can be found on the Fletton Quays website – http://www.flettonquays.co.uk and on Peterborough City Council’s own planning portal.