Republic Wireless is offering the Moto X and four new plans that reset the bar for smartphone service pricing plans. The bottom line with Republic Wireless: Get great WiFi and cellular smartphone service so you never have to pay for more than you need.
Raleigh, NC (PRWEB) November 14, 2013
Republic Wireless, home of the nation’s most affordable smartphone service, today announced that the Moto X is available today for sale in its online store for $299 with no contract. Republic now offers four new disruptively priced plans from $5 to $40 per month, and the ability to change plans up to twice per month right on the phone so consumers never buy more cellular service than they truly need.
“We’re pumped to offer the Moto X and four new plans that reset the bar for pricing plans in this industry,” said David Morken, co-founder and CEO of Republic Wireless. “Republic Wireless is all about transparency and helping consumers save money on escalating smartphone bills. When the family smartphone bill is only second to the car loan or the mortgage, it’s a problem for a lot of consumers. We don’t think it should be this way! We’re focused on making smartphones truly smart and using all available networks to bring costs down so you don’t wince every time the bill comes. It’s about making smartphones affordable and accessible to anyone who wants one.This is the way wireless should be.”
Republic members can pick from one of several Moto X pricing plans, selecting a plan that best fits their lifestyle versus overpaying for cellular service they don’t need.
- Unlimited talk, text, and data, on WiFi only - $5/month
- Unlimited talk and text on WiFi and cellular, and unlimited data on WiFi - $10/month
- Unlimited talk, text and data on WiFi, plus 3G cellular - $25/month
- Unlimited talk, text and data on WiFi, plus 4G LTE cellular - $40/month
Republic members can switch plans right on the phone or from their online account portal up to two times each month as their usage needs change.
“We’re most excited about our $10 plan,” Morken added. “This is the plan that has the most potential to transform a family budget. You’ve heard of “cord-cutters” and “cord-nevers” on the cable side – using streaming services to avoid a massive cable big – well this is the wireless equivalent. For $10 a month, you can use the WiFi networks that are plentiful all around us, and supplement with unlimited talk & text on cell.”
Optimized for superior voice, text and data while on WiFi and offering seamless connectivity when moving from WiFi coverage to the cellular network, the Moto X is packed with innovative features such as:
- Touchless Control – The Moto X responds to your voice - no touching necessary. Make calls, check the weather, get directions, or do just about anything without touching any physical buttons. Just talk.
- Active Display – Important information at a glance. Check the time or see notifications pulse quietly on the screen without unnecessarily waking up the phone or burning through the battery.
- Quick Capture Camera – With a 10 megapixel rear camera and a 2 megapixel front facing camera for clear video calling, the camera launches with two twists of the wrist. Take pictures by tapping on the screen or hold a finger on the display to take rapid-fire multiple shots. Swipe from left to right to access camera settings, including HDR, flash, tap to focus, slow motion (for video), panorama, Geo-Tag and shutter tone.
- Motorola Assist – The Moto X detects when you’re in a moving vehicle and automatically reads incoming text messages aloud or tells who's calling. It can even automatically respond with a text reply that lets people know you're behind the wheel.
For more information and full specifications click here.
Republic will offer the 16GB version of the Moto X in woven white and woven black initially for $299. The Republic Wireless store will also offer a full range of Moto X accessories including speakers, Bluetooth headsets and more.
Republic’s original $19/month unlimited plan will still be available on the Motorola DEFY™ XT and the signature 30-day money back guarantee is still in place for all phones.
“The bottom line is with Republic Wireless you get great WiFi and cellular smartphone service so you never have to pay for more than you need,” Morken adds. “And when you aren’t on WiFi, the phone operates just like a normal smartphone on the nationwide cellular networks.”
About Republic Wireless
Named ‘Disruptor of the Year’ by Entrepreneur Magazine, Republic Wireless helps consumers save money on smartphone service. Republic Wireless, a division of Bandwidth, headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, is spearheading a wireless freedom movement to return value and control of the smartphone experience to members by leveraging the power of both WiFi and cellular networks. Our Hybrid Calling uses WiFi in the home, office or anywhere else as the primary network for calls, texts and data. When outside of Wi-Fi coverage, the smartphone works just like a typical cellphone on the cellular networks of national CDMA carriers. Visit http://www.republicwireless.com/ for more information. Media resource center here.