With ShopSavvy 8 it should be clear that we are now the single best information source -- whether they are shopping for products online or off, with or without barcodes, from large retailers or small local boutiques.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) October 15, 2013
ShopSavvy, the world’s leading mobile shopping platform, today announced the introduction of ShopSavvy 8 for iOS mobile devices and Android smartphones in preparation for the 2013 holiday season. The latest version of ShopSavvy includes a sleek new interface and a slew of new features, including an all-new shopping feed system, featured lists, new product content, and enhanced integration with Facebook, Gmail and other social networks. Together, the updates make ShopSavvy the single most comprehensive resource for real-time information on millions of products and retailers worldwide.
“This month’s release marks the first stage of ShopSavvy’s transformation into an integrated platform fueling product discovery for our customers with unmatched product detail and store information,” said John Boyd, CEO and co-founder of ShopSavvy. “ShopSavvy has invested in technology to organize the world’s product information in real time, and these features will enable us to surface this valuable content to our users in new ways -- helping our customers find exactly what they are looking for, as well as discovering brand new products that delight them at each use.”
By updating or downloading the latest version of ShopSavvy on iPhone or on Android smartphones, users can take advantage of its many new features, including:
- Shopping Feeds. Users can now access real-time activity streams designed to organize and improve their shopping experience, including price alerts, updates from other users, additions to store catalogs, list collaboration and more.
- Featured Lists. Users can identify and follow featured content channels to receive product updates as well as personalized information based on their shopping interests. It’s a great tool for discovering new products.
- Non-UPC Products Added. For the first time, ShopSavvy has added non-barcode products to the system with their own unique ShopSavvy Product ID. These products are accessible via keyword search, the browse feature, and through the platform’s new feed system.
- More Product Images, Descriptions and Videos. The new release features higher-quality, faster-loading images and videos to provide greater convenience and product detail.
- Increase in Clothing and Home Goods Available. Shoppers now have more product information on fashion apparel and housewares than ever before. Thousands of stores have been added to the system, increasing the total number of brands and retailers within the app to well over 40,000, with millions more products from large retailers and local stores all in one place.
- Enhanced Product Organization. About 70 percent of ShopSavvy’s product inventory is now searchable by product attributes, not just product name. This allows ShopSavvy to better organize the world’s product information and make it easier for consumers to find the items they want and discover new products or stores that they may not have identified on their own.
- Improved Sharing Capabilities. With additional sharing capabilities at users’ fingertips that leverage existing social networks such as Gmail and Facebook, shoppers can now share products with friends or see items shared by their friends all within the ShopSavvy platform.
- Better Local Deals. Through ShopSavvy’s new partnership with RetailMeNot, users now have access to local coupons and promo codes for thousands of online stores through the world’s No. 1 online coupon provider.
“ShopSavvy once was thought of as just a price-comparison app, but our users have been demanding increased product content and better discoverability,” said Chris Makarsky, vice president of product. “With ShopSavvy 8 it should be clear that we are now the single best information source -- whether they are shopping for products online or off, with or without barcodes, from large retailers or small local boutiques. Simply put, we are organizing the world’s product information to power discovery, and we do this with product detail that is unbiased and unmatched by any competitor.”
iPhone users can download the popular mobile shopping app through the iTunes App Store at: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shopsavvy-barcode-scanner/id338828953?mt=8.
Android users can find the newest release of ShopSavvy on Google Play at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.biggu.shopsavvy&hl=en.
ShopSavvy is the leading mobile shopping community, with more than 40 million downloads and millions of monthly active users. ShopSavvy empowers smartphone users to quickly and seamlessly locate, research and buy products at the point of sale. When users scan a barcode or input a product name, they discover where the item is sold locally and online, where it’s in stock and at what price. ShopSavvy aggregates product data, deals, ratings and reviews from retailers, partners and its own users to provide the most comprehensive source of information and advice for mobile shoppers anywhere. For advertisers, ShopSavvy delivers hyper-relevant deals, promotions, warranty offers and other UPC/GPS-targeted content to consumers. For more information, visit http://shopsavvy.com.