Each participating Aurora, Colorado retailer is providing a bit of excitement and intrigue and a chance to win chocolate and big bucks!
Aurora, Colorado (PRWEB) February 05, 2014
Five Aurora, Colorado retailers will partner with the Havana Business Improvement District (BID), dba On Havana Street, this Saturday, February 8, 2014, to bring sweetness and surprises to shopping in Aurora with the second annual Valentine’s Day Mystery Bag Affair.
“We’re taking the phrase, ‘love shopping,’ to another level in Aurora,” said Gayle Jetchick, Executive Director of the Havana BID. “Each participating Aurora, Colorado retailer is providing a bit of excitement and intrigue and a chance to win chocolate and big bucks!”
Participating merchants, listed below, are providing Valentine’s Day cookies, candies and other goodies for Aurora shoppers who visit between noon and 3:00 PM.
- The English Teacup, 1930 S Havana St, #5, Aurora. Enjoy samples of chocolates from England and special British chocolate tea.
- Heirlooms Antique Mall, 1947 S Havana St, Aurora. Valentine’s Day shopping in Aurora gets a historical perspective! Each of Heirlooms’ antique vendors are preparing mystery bags in which they will place a favorite antique from their shop. Heirlooms is holding an open house with Valentine's Day cookies and other goodies.
- Zhanna’s Day Spa, 350 S Ironton St, #100, Aurora. Each of Zhanna's mystery bags contains special Valentine's Day gifts, cosmetics and hair products.
- Klassye Creations Florist, 2790 S Havana St, Ste U, Aurora. Klassye Creations mystery bags feature gift certificates toward future purchases and specialty items from the flower shop.
- Fantastic Sam’s, 1155 S Havana St, Aurora, in the King Sooper’s Shopping Center at Mississippi and Havana. Aurora shoppers who stop by Fantastic Sam’s will get a special salon product in their mystery bags.
Aurora shoppers can, with no purchase necessary, enter drawings for five boxes of chocolates to be given away and a Valentine’s Day dinner for two at The Summit Steakhouse, 2700 S. Havana St., Aurora.
Each mystery bag is full of goodies. Prices for the bags will range between $5 and $20. In addition to the items provided by the merchants, each bag contains a Colorado Lottery scratch ticket courtesy of the Havana BID.
The District is celebrating a successful start to 2014. On January 29, 2014, the fourth annual Grocery Cart Races raised $16,820 for Aurora’s Comitis Crisis Center. That’s enough, according to the Center, to feed everyone at the Center for the rest of the year.
In March, the Havana BID will host an Ides of March Toga Party & Artist Talk featuring Michael Mladjan of Pine, Colorado, creator of the "Silver Disc" sculpture located at 804 S Havana Street. Registration is limited to 100. For more information, visit OnHavanaStreet.com.
About Havana Business Improvement District
The Havana Business Improvement District (BID) dba On Havana Street is a special district in Colorado created in 2007 by business and neighborhood leaders and Aurora city staff working together to build a stronger, better community. The District makes a difference by focusing on unique, culturally diverse events and fun new things to do and working to keep the area clean, safe and beautiful. For more information please contact Gayle Jetchick, Executive Director, info (at) OnHavanaStreet.com, (303) 360-7505.