Entries must be focused on this topic: Interagency Imperative for Homeland Defense and Security: Challenges and Solutions.
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas (PRWEB) May 06, 2014
The Simons Center for Interagency Cooperation announces its third annual open Interagency Writing Competition for 2014. The competition is open to the public and recognizes papers that provide insight and fresh thinking in advancing the knowledge, understanding, and practice of interagency coordination, cooperation, and collaboration at the tactical or operational level of effort. The competition opens May 1. Deadline for submissions is Friday, Aug. 8, 2014.
Entries must be focused on this topic:
Interagency Imperative for Homeland Defense and Security: Challenges and Solutions
How to enter:
- Submit an unclassified, original paper examining any aspect – broad or specific – of the topic. Papers should be between 4,000 and 8,000 words in length.
- Previously published papers, papers pending consideration elsewhere for publication, or papers submitted to other competitions still pending announced decisions are ineligible.
- Manuscripts should be single spaced in Microsoft Word format using Times, 12-point type. All graphs, charts, and tables should be submitted as separate files in the format they were created.
- Along with their manuscript, writers must agree to the Simons Center copyright transfer agreement, which is detailed online at http://www.thesimonscenter.org/competition.
- Manuscripts can be submitted on the Simons Center website at http://www.thesimonscenter.org/contribute-content or emailed to editor(at)thesimonscenter(dot)org with the subject line “Interagency Writing Competition” by Aug. 8, 2014.
A panel of Simons Center judges will evaluate entries on originality, substance of argument, style and contribution to advancing the understanding and practice of interagency cooperation at the operational and tactical levels of effort.
The first place entry will receive $1,500, an engraved plaque, a certificate of recognition and publication in one of the Simons Center publications series. Second place will receive a $1,000 award, a certificate of recognition and consideration for publication. Third place receives $500, a certificate and also consideration for publication by the Simons Center.
The Simons Center is a major program of the CGSC Foundation, Inc. For more information contact the Simons Center at editor(at)thesimonscenter(dot)org or by calling 913-682-7244. Information about the Simons Center’s mission, organization, and publications is available at http://www.thesimonscenter.org.