As we bring our 10th Anniversary annual conference home to Silicon Valley, we are especially gratified that Skype is joining us to help us connect our attendees, as it has connected our company since its founding.
Belmont, CA (PRWEB) June 30, 2014
BlogHer, Inc., the premium cross-platform media network and publisher for women, welcomes Skype as the Official Communications Sponsor of the 10th Annual BlogHer Conference, the largest event for bloggers and social media influencers in the nation. Created to help people do things together whenever they’re apart, Skype’s text, voice and video solutions will be used to power everyday conference communications and enhance opportunities for attendees to connect leading up to the conference in a series of highly visible, innovative programs.
As Official Communications Sponsor, Skype will facilitate and further the mission of BlogHer the company, and the conference: Creating opportunities for community and connection.
SKYPE ON SITE
Skype is creating a unique experience at BlogHer ’14 by inspiring attendees to live life with more passion. BlogHer attendees will be able to acquire remarkable swag, in exchange for pledging to make the most of life – which can include anything from spending more time hiking, to volunteering at a local charity. After the conference, participants will be encouraged to keep their pledges by sharing their progress online.
BLOGHER RUNS ON SKYPE
BlogHer is using Skype as its primary communications tool for critical conference communications, including:
- Conference planning and preparation calls will be conducted via Skype, helping BlogHer more efficiently engage with its sponsors, speakers, volunteers, vendors, and staff all over the country
- A BlogHerSkype ID will be staffed throughout the conference, providing a centralized resource to answer questions from any and all BlogHer attendees
THE BLOGHER BUDDY SYSTEM
Skype will power an all-new BlogHer Buddy System, designed to connect groups and individuals before the conference, enhancing attendees’ experience and sense of community at the conference, including:
- Skype will be used to power an expanded mentorship program for attendees who are new to the BlogHer Conference experience, connecting veteran attendees with these new attendees on a one-on-one bases
- BlogHer will create Skype chat groups around a variety of interests and identities, giving attendees the opportunity to connect and learn by pre-conference, and to plug into the takeaways from each conference session post-conference
“My co-founders, Jory Des Jardins and Lisa Stone, and I often say that BlogHer was ‘run on Skype’ in its early days, as we used chat and voice calls constantly to grow our community and start our business.” said Elisa Camahort Page, BlogHer co-founder and COO. “As we bring our 10th Anniversary annual conference home to Silicon Valley, we are especially gratified that Skype is joining us to help us connect our attendees, as it has connected our company since its founding.”
To register for BlogHer '14, please visit: https://www.xpressreg.net/register/blog074/landing.asp
For more information about Skype, please visit: http://skype.com
BlogHer (http://www.blogher.com) is the leading cross-platform media network created by, for and with women in social media. BlogHer delivers quality advocacy at scale for brands seeking to engage in authentic and persuasive dialogue with moderated communities led by more than 7,000 leading influencers who reach an audience of 100 million across premium blogs, Pinterest™, Facebook®, Twitter™ and social media. Founded in February 2005 by Elisa Camahort Page, Jory Des Jardins and Lisa Stone, BlogHer publishes and syndicates news, information, advice, recommendations and research on women in social media across interest areas as well as on BlogHer.com. The Company also hosts the world’s largest conferences for women in social media.
- Pinterest is the registered trademark of Pinterest, Inc., Facebook is the registered trademark of Facebook, Inc., and Twitter is the registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. Such trademarks are used for reference purposes only; Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter have not endorsed or sponsored BlogHer, Inc.