Dallas, TX (PRWEB) August 26, 2015
HSB Solomon Associates LLC (Solomon), the leading performance improvement company for the global energy industry, announced the launch of its Worldwide Ethylbenzene and Styrene Monomer Plant Performance Analysis (EBSM Study) for operating year 2015. The study helps styrene manufacturers understand the practices and trends of today’s petrochemical industry.
By participating in the EBSM Study, managers will gain an understanding of their plant’s status in all key performance areas and be provided with valuable insight on which they can base their performance improvement efforts. The study takes into account data from plants across the world.
“The EBSM Study results benchmark a plant’s performance against the performance of other producing plants,” said Jeanne Jeng, Project Manager for the 2015 EBSM Study. “By analyzing and evaluating each plant’s quartile positioning and ranking results, we can help styrene manufactures better identify and target specific performance areas for improvement.”
The study results allow participating companies to:
- Determine competitive positions using standard industry peer groups.
- Evaluate specific performance shortfalls.
- Formulate expense/margin optimization plans.
- Establish performance targets and measure progress.
- Assess the future performance impact of planned capital improvements and modifications.
- Demonstrate performance and capability to joint-venture partners, financial institutions, and security analysts.
Insights from the 2012 EBSM Study include the following key points:
- Good energy efficiency does not always lead to good reliability. But, good reliability always leads to good energy efficiency, higher yields, and higher capacity utilization.
- In recent years, the yield gap has narrowed between top performers and average performers. The industry is now more competitive regarding yields than ever before.
The subscription deadline for the 2015 EMSM Study is December 15. Interested parties may learn more by visiting http://SolomonOnline.com/benchmarking/chemicals/ebsm-study, or by contacting Jeanne Jeng by phone at +1.972.739.1752 or via email at Jeanne(dot)Jeng(at)SolomonOnline(dot)com.
About Solomon Associates
HSB Solomon Associates LLC (Solomon) is the leading performance improvement company for the global energy industry. Solomon’s benchmarking and advisory solutions help customers across the energy value chain achieve operational excellence by increasing efficiency, reliability, and profitability. Solomon also provides forecasting and advice on the North American gas market. Solomon’s proprietary analytics uniquely transform data into insight for making better business decisions. Based in Dallas, TX USA, Solomon is part of the Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company (HSB). Learn more at SolomonOnline.com.