Sony Announces the α5000 (Alpha 5000) Mirrorless Compact Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera—Now Available for Pre-Order at B&H Photo Video
NYC, NY (PRWEB) January 06, 2014
The Sony α5000 is Sony’s smallest and lightest interchangeable lens camera to date. Included in its remarkably compact body is a large APS-C image sensor for superb image quality, and convenient built-in flash. This all-around performer features simplified operation, thanks in part to a 180-degree tiltable LCD screen (ideal for self-portraits), and a zoom lever on the body of the camera for effortless, one-handed operation. It also has intelligent Auto Object Framing, which makes it easy for anyone to obtain perfectly-composed photos for a wide variety of scenes.
Included with the camera kits (only) is the Sony E-mount 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Retractable Zoom Lens, which provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-75mm. This range of perspectives is well-suited for everyday shooting, and is further enhanced through the inclusion of Optical SteadyShot image stabilization, for minimizing the appearance of camera shake. Power Zoom technology allows for electronic control over the zoom position, and the inclusion of one extra-low dispersion element and four aspherical elements helps to reduce chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range, and contributes to high overall sharpness.
A 20.1 megapixel APS-C-sized Exmor APS HD CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor work together to produce high resolution, well-detailed imagery with minimal noise and notable low-light quality and sensitivity to ISO 16000. The processor also contributes to providing a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including a fast 25-point contrast-detection AF system, a top continuous shooting rate of 3.5 fps, and full HD 1080i/p video recording in multiple frame rates.
Full HD 1080i/p video recording is supported at both 60 and 24 fps frame rates, to produce high-resolution movies with a smooth, cinematic look. Videos are recorded using the high-quality AVCHD codec, and a built-in stereo microphone records sound in the Dolby Digital AC-3 format. Additionally, 1440 x 1080p, 1280 x 720p, and 640 x 480p formats are also supported in the internet-friendly MP4 format. Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables the A5000 to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking via email, and to cloud storage sites. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required.
- A built-in pop-up flash is available to provide additional illumination when working in dim lighting.
- Auto Object Framing is an intelligent shooting mode that can automatically analyze the scene and the subjects within it, and determine an aesthetically-pleasing composition. The subsequent imagery will be cropped according to subject matter, resulting in a well-balanced composition that utilizes Face Detection and Tracking Focus to ensure high image quality and sharpness.
- The Photo Creativity feature provides quick access to Picture Effects, as well as dedicated controls for adjusting Background Defocus, Brightness, Color, and Vividness. Additionally, these effects can be combined for nearly limitless adjustment options.
- Superior Auto mode is an intelligent automated setting that can quickly identify the current shooting environment, and adjust crucial camera settings to deliver optimized results. This mode also utilizes Auto HDR and Hand-held Twilight modes, which employ image compositing techniques to better handle difficult lighting conditions.
- Anti-Motion Blur automatically corrects for subject movement in order to deliver clean, sharp imagery in low-light conditions. This is accomplished by recording six sequential frames, and compositing portions of each image to ensure overall sharpness.
The Sony α5000 (Alpha A5000) mirrorless compact interchangeable lens digital camera is now available for pre-order at B&H Photo Video.
Sony also announced the SEL55210 E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS telephoto lens for Sony E-mount compact interchangeable lens cameras. It features a wide zoom range (82 - 315mm 35mm equivalent), ideal for sports or nature.
Additionally, Sony announced the new POV Action Cams, HDR-AS100VR and HDR-AS100V, which bring pro-quality features along for the ride. Keep things smooth with Advanced Steady Shot, and enjoy the convenience of built-in Wi-Fi.
B&H Photo is a qualified Sony Authorized reseller with the most up to date Sony product information, product pricing and individual promotional offers.
Connect with B&H Photo on the web! (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, Pinterest, Flickr, YouTube, B&H Insights & InDepth)
About B&H Photo Video
As the world's largest source of photography, video and audio equipment, B&H Photo-Video is known worldwide for their attentive, knowledgeable sales force, and excellent customer service, including fast, reliable shipping. Visitors to the website can access a variety of enlightening articles and educational videos. B&H has been satisfying customers worldwide for 40 years. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/.