Glenwood Springs, CO (PRWEB) November 05, 2013
Sunlight Mountain Resort was recently mentioned in the Denver-based blog “The Delicious Day” as a resort that prides itself on its no hype, no hassles attitude. At Sunlight Mountain, skiing and snowboarding are the main attractions, period. This same no hype, no hassle approach holds true for the ski package that bundles the best of Sunlight Mountain and Glenwood Springs, all for a price that keeps skiing and snowboarding families coming back year after year.
“We think Sunlight is what skiing and snowboarding was meant to be: a family activity that is attainable, affordable and packed with what counts most – Colorado snow, Colorado snow and more Colorado snow,” said Tom Jankovsky, general manager for Sunlight Mountain Resort, who is anticipating an above-average snow season based on forecast data.
With winter fast approaching, here are some of the top ways in which Sunlight Mountain’s Ski Swim Stay package fits the mold for no hype and no hassles:
- Simple and straightforward, Ski Swim Stay is just what it says it is: Ski at Sunlight Mountain Resort, swim at the world famous Glenwood Hot Springs Pool and stay in one of 10 participating and affordable lodges with rates starting as low as $99.
- Because Sunlight believes skiing should be an affordable family activity, Ski Swim Stay packages almost always include the added bonus of free skiing for kids 12 and younger with a paying adult. The only exceptions are the 12 days from Dec. 25 through Jan. 5.
- Ski Swim Stay packages can be booked for anytime during the 2013-2014 ski season.
- As for the mountain itself, Sunlight has noteworthy terrain for everyone from novices to experts. Ute, a green run, is recognized as one of the longest runs in the state; at 2.5 miles in length, this summit-to-base cruiser is a crowd pleaser. At the other end of the spectrum, Heathen, a double black diamond run located on Sunlight’s experts-only East Ridge, has a pitch of 52 degrees and is among the steepest slopes in Colorado. The steepest, for comparison, has a pitch of 56 degrees.
- Some resorts require visitors to park miles from the slopes, but at Sunlight the parking is close by and always free. There’s even a free shuttle that takes visitors directly from many Ski Swim Stay hotels in Glenwood Springs to the base, making the return trip at the end of the day.
- Most skiing families aren’t looking for a pricey, Cordon Bleu, chef-prepared entrée for their midday meal; they just want to refuel and get back on the slopes. Sunlight’s grill serves fairly priced, hot and hearty food to recharge the batteries for an afternoon filled with bumps, steeps, glades and cruisers.
- The accent is pure local. Our staff, from the lift operators and the ski instructors to the day care providers and the parking lot attendants, is largely made up of locals who live and work in the Glenwood Springs area. Strike up a conversation to find out the best place for burgers and beer (or pasta, steak, seafood, enchiladas or whatever else you may be craving) and what not to miss after the slopes close (Hint: It’s the Glenwood Vaudeville Revue).
To book a Ski Swim Stay package today or for more information about Sunlight Mountain Resort, please visit http://www.sunlightmtn.com.
About Sunlight Mountain Resort
There’s so much to smile about at Sunlight Mountain Resort in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. A winter playground, Sunlight welcomes downhill and cross-country skiers, snowboarders and snowshoers. Known for being family-friendly and affordable, there is something for everyone at Sunlight Mountain Resort, with over 680 acres and 67 trails. Sunlight offers a free shuttle, in-town and on-mountain equipment rentals and retail stores, a ski school, a restaurant, a bar and on-going special events. Conveniently located near Glenwood Springs, Sunlight Mountain Resort is an easy 170-mile drive from Denver along Interstate 70 and is 98 miles from Grand Junction. For more information about Sunlight Mountain Resort, please visit http://www.sunlightmtn.com or call 970-945-7491.
Jennie Spillane, Marketing Manager
Sunlight Mountain Resort
970-945-7491 ext. 220
Jennie (at) sunlightmtn (dot) com