Today, autism affects 1 in 68 children and more children are diagnosed with autism each year than AIDS, diabetes and cancer combined.
Irvine, CA (PRWEB) September 28, 2016
Talk About Curing Autism, or TACA, is a national nonprofit dedicated to educating, supporting and empowering families affected by autism. This year marks the 10th Anniversary of the annual “Ante Up for Autism” casino and gala event. This milestone event will take place at the Monarch Beach Resort in Dana Point, CA on Saturday, November 12, 2016 at 6:00 P.M. For sponsorship opportunities and ticket information please visit http://www.anteupforautism.org.
Guests, sponsors, celebrities, and poker professionals will come together for a casino-themed fundraiser hosted by TACA. Join for dinner, silent auctions, and friendly poker games - all while raising money to provide Real Help Now for families affected by this prevalent and underfunded disease. All proceeds benefit TACA families.
- More than 2 million people are living with autism in the U.S.
- More than 100 children are diagnosed with autism every day in the U.S.
- Autism is on the increase and not slowing down. In 1970, the rate was 1 in every 10,000 U.S. children. Today, autism affects 1 in 68 children.
- More children are diagnosed with autism each year than with AIDS, diabetes and cancer combined, yet the least amount of funding goes to researching this disease.
- Autism is treatable. Recovery from autism IS POSSIBLE.
- Actor, writer and producer, Johnathon Schaech
- Retired professional American football quarterback, Jim Everett
- Actor, Nicholas Gonzalez
- TV and radio host, Mark Thompson
- Actress, Nicky Whelan
- Poker Pros, Joseph Reitman, Kenna James, Michelle Lau
The “10th Annual Ante Up for Autism” hopes to raise $550,000. Raised funds are allocated towards developing 12 programs, which strengthen the autism community by connecting families and the professionals who can help them through this often difficult journey.
For more information on sponsorship or event tickets, please visit: http://www.anteupforautism.com.
Talk About Curing Autism is a national non-profit organization dedicated to educating, empowering and supporting families affected by autism. TACA’s aim is to shorten the cycle from the suspicion of autism, to diagnosis, to effective treatments, thereby creating the best future possible for individuals living with autism. The organization currently serves over 48,000 with an average of 400 new families connection with them each month looking for support and best practices in autism. For more information about TACA or to get involved, please visit http://www.tacanow.org.