"We hope to bring out the inner kid in our guests this summer with our new poptail menus, which offer a spirited spin on a childhood favorite." says Amy Trench, Corporate Director of Marketing & Public Relations
San Antonio, Texas (PRWEB) June 15, 2016
Summer just got sweeter at Valencia Group hotels. The acclaimed portfolio of properties, including Hotel Valencia Riverwalk in San Antonio, TX, Hotel Valencia Santana Row in San Jose, CA, Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE in Houston, TX, Hotel Sorella Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, MO, and Lone Star Court in Austin, TX, recently rolled out a pop-tail program with patio and poolside parties around the country. Each hotel has put their own special twist on a seasonal menu of treats that combine premium spirits and popsicles.
According to Amy Trench, Valencia Group’s Corporate Director of Marketing & Public Relations, “We hope to bring out the inner kid in our guests this summer with our new pop-tail menus, which offer a spirited spin on a childhood favorite.”
Plan your summer break or staycation at a Valencia Group property or bring the party home with these Valencia Group pop-tail recipes.
American Dream – courtesy of Hotel Valencia Santana Row
- ¼ oz. Sauza Blue Silver Tequila
- ¼ oz. Skyy Vodka
- ¼ oz. Bacardi Silver Rum
- ¼ oz. Distillery No. 209 Gin
- ¼ oz. Triple Sec
- ¼ oz. lemon juice
- ¼ oz. Sprite
- Mix ingredients in shaker, pour into glass and garnish with cherries and a Firecracker Popsicle
Austin Palmer – courtesy of Lone Star Court
- 2 oz. Treaty Oak Graham’s Texas Tea Vodka
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- ¾ oz. simple syrup
- Mix ingredients in a shaker, pour into glass, garnish with lemon popsicle and a sprig of mint and top with Topo Chico
Blueberry Limoncello – courtesy of Hotel Sorella Country Club Plaza
- 3oz. Limoncello liqueur
- 4 oz. blueberry puree
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- 3 oz. vodka
- 1 tspn. lemon balm, chopped
- Combine ingredients and freeze in popsicle containers
- Mix ingredients in shaker, pour into popsicle mold and freeze for four hours
Summertime Citrus – courtesy of Hotel Valencia Riverwalk
- ½ oz. Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur
- ½ oz. Aperol
- 1 oz. orange juice
- ½ oz. water
- Mix ingredients in shaker, pour into popsicle mold and freeze for four hours; pour 5 oz. of Prosecco in glass and garnish with popsicle and lemon twist.
Valencia Squeeze – courtesy of Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE
- 1.5 oz. Bacardi Silver Rum
- 3 oz. pineapple juice
- 1/8 ounce Midori
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- Mix ingredients in a shaker, pour into glass and garnish with cucumber and mint popsicle (recipe below).
Cucumber and Mint Popsicle (8 servings)
- 1 cup finely chopped cucumbers
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Mix ingredients with 8 oz. hot water until sugar is diluted and pour into popsicles molds. Once poured, insert sticks a fill with water to ¼ inch from the top. Freeze for four hours.
About Valencia Group
Houston-based Valencia Group is a fully integrated hospitality company that provides management, development, branding and repositioning services for independent, full-service hotels owned by the company, in addition to third parties. Exceptional service, style and location have become brand trademarks. Earning both national and international recognition for their distinctive designs, amenities and settings, Valencia Group properties are destinations and gathering places within their respective communities, some further benefitting from and enriching their space within the cultural heart of a city. The company continues to forge a niche with hotels that anchor and add value to urban, mixed-use environments, which further support or enhance the guest experience with superior residential, restaurant, retail and office components. The Valencia Group portfolio currently includes Hotel Valencia Santana Row in San Jose, CA; Hotel Valencia Riverwalk in San Antonio, TX; Hotel Sorella CITYCENTRE in Houston, TX; and Hotel Sorella Country Club Plaza in Kansas City, MO. Its newest concept, Lone Star Court, is a reinterpretation of the nostalgic motor court. The flagship is located at The Domain in Austin, TX, and a second, Cavalry Court, is underway in College Station, TX. Also In the development and construction phase are The George™, which will debut in tandem with Cavalry Court in fall 2016, plus Valencia Group’s first five-star property, Hotel Alessandra Houston - anticipated to become a downtown landmark in early 2017. For more information, please visit http://www.valenciagroup.com.
EDITOR’S NOTE: launch party and popsicle photos at this link.