Core activities will include live product demos, hands-on briefings and educational updates associated with the entire range of heavy duty lifting systems.
Stevensville, MD (PRWEB) September 02, 2014
To help promote greater awareness and knowledge within the vehicle lift industry as to best practices for advancing safety, efficiency, durability and environmental friendliness in the overall field of vehicle lifting systems, Stertil-Koni today announced that it will serve as the inaugural sponsor of National Lift Week, Monday, October 6th through Saturday, October 12, leading up to the opening of the American Public Transport Association (APTA) Annual Meeting and Expo in Houston, Texas, which begins on October 13th.
Core activities will include live product demos, hands-on briefings and educational updates associated with the entire range of heavy duty lifting systems, all provided as an educational resource by recognized lift leader, Stertil-Koni, and its extensive network of dedicated distributors located across North America.
“To build added excitement, fun and comprehensiveness,” noted Dr. Jean Dellamore, president of Stertil-Koni, “each day of National Lift Week will focus on a particular vehicle lifting system or attribute.”
These will include:
- Mobile Column Monday: promoting the benefits of portable, mobile column lifting systems;
- Two-Post Tuesday: highlighting the benefits of two-post vehicle lifts;
- Wireless Wednesday: examining the benefits of vehicle lifting systems that use encrypted wireless systems, rather than connected cables, to communicate with one another;
- “Earthy Thursday”: providing educational material about new directions and options in “green” vehicle lifting;
- Free-Wheel Lifting Friday: showcasing various lifting systems that provide “wheels-free” lifting to allow technicians to perform comprehensive vehicle maintenance and service; and
- Safety Saturday: exploring multiple options that advance shop safety, including third-party lift certification, the American Lift Institute’s Certified Lift Inspector Program and the importance of regularly scheduled lift inspections.
Added Dr. DellAmore, “The vehicle lifting industry – much like the municipal, commercial, industrial and military transportation sectors it serves -- has undergone tremendous growth and transformation over the past few years. From new materials, greater capacities and enhanced product performance to safety, environmental containment and ergonomics, the pace of change in vehicle lifting products is increasingly rapid.”
“That is precisely why,” he added, “that it is essential that our industry take a leadership position in providing customers with ongoing, comprehensive product information and education from the outset, and then support them in the years to come to help extend the usable life and performance of these mission-critical maintenance systems.”
More info can be found at: http://www.NationalLiftWeek.com.
About Stertil-Koni USA, Inc.
Stertil-Koni is the global market leader in heavy duty vehicle lifts – bus lifts and truck lifts – and is the preferred supplier to the world’s leading companies in the truck and bus industries. Stertil-Koni's breadth of products meets all ranges of lifting needs and includes mobile column lifts, two-post, four-post, in-ground piston lifts, platform lifts, half-scissors and its innovative, U.S. patented, axle-engaging, in-ground, scissor lift configuration, ECOLIFT. Throughout North America, Stertil-Koni is also currently installing the DIAMOND LIFT, a full rise telescopic piston lift setting new standards in precision heavy duty lifting. Stertil-Koni also recently introduced its new 2-post series, FREEDOM LIFT, with lifting capacities ranging from 16,000 to 30,000 lbs. Stertil-Koni is headquartered in Stevensville, Maryland, has production facilities in Europe and the U.S. and is proud to have the greatest total number of ALI/ETL certified heavy-duty lifting products in the industry.