Shale gas will expand to comprise more than 60 percent of North American gas production by 2022.
Calgary, Alberta (PRWEB) March 26, 2014
Ziff Energy, a division of HSB Solomon Associates LLC (Solomon Associates), today announced the release of its report titled Shale Gas Production Outlook by Basin to 2022. The report analyzes the North American shale basins and provides a forecast for shale gas development to 2022.
“Shale gas will expand to comprise more than 60 percent of North American gas production by 2022,” said Simon Mauger, P.Geol., Director, Gas Supply and Economics and lead author on the report. “Oil, condensate, or natural gas liquids enhance the economics of drilling wells. Because of this, most wells, including the Eagle Ford, SW Marcellus, Duvernay, and Utica, are drilled for liquids.”
Figure 1 illustrates Ziff Energy’s outlook for shale gas production to 2022. Other shale plays will become commercial and add to this rapid growth .
Other recent Ziff Energy reports include:
- Gas Demand for Alberta Oil Sands to 2022
- North American Gas Ultimate Potential Resource
- North American LNG Exports to 2020
- Growth of North American Natural Gas Demand to 2020
- Western Canada Oil Production Outlook to 2020
- Gas for Power Generation to 2020
- 2012 US and Canadian Gas Reserve Replacement
- Western Canada Natural Gas Production to 2020
- Canadian Gas Exports to 2020
- North American Pipeline Costs
- US Gas Production Outlook to 2020
- Associated Gas Production Outlook to 2020
- Gas Price Differentials Forecast to 2020
- Henry Hub Gas Price Outlook
- Natural Gas Production Headwinds & Tailwinds
- North American Natural Gas Storage
- Unconventional Natural Gas Demand
- Mexico Natural Gas Outlook to 2020
About Ziff Energy
Ziff Energy, a division of HSB Solomon Associates LLC (Solomon), provides upstream performance assessment/improvement and custom consulting to the worldwide energy industry in more than 40 countries, and natural gas consulting services in North America. Solomon is the world’s leading performance improvement company for energy companies seeking to identify and close gaps in operational performance. Combining proven, patented methodologies with objective data analysis, and led by a team of oil and gas consultants steeped in hands-on operational experience, Solomon consistently helps clients with energy-intensive assets achieve greater efficiencies, enhanced reliability, and improved margins. Solomon is part of HSB Group, Inc. Learn more about Ziff Energy at http://www.ZiffEnergy.com. For information about Solomon, visit http://www.SolomonOnline.com.