“A3E’s core mission is to provide a dedicated exchange for the real creative drivers of the music & audio industry - musicians, audio pros & audio developers. The support of Berklee & KVR Audio will only bolster that mission” said Paul Sitar, A3E Director
Boston, MA / Monroe, CT (PRWEB) March 19, 2014
The Massachusetts Convention Center Authority (MCCA) and Sitarian™ Corporation today announced that just weeks after being launched, the Advanced Audio + Applications Exchange™ (A3E™) http://www.A3Exchange.com , has received major industry sponsorship and support from the famed Berklee College of Music and KVR Audio as it also begins to form a world class A3E Advisory Board. A3E, an international tradeshow, conference and social network exchange focused on the exploration of new technologies that are transforming the music industry and the creative processes of musicians and audio professionals, will take place September 23 + 24, 2014, at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston.
A3E’s mission is to focus on and bring together the three sectors that are being transformed by the emergence and evolution of new apps and technologies for music and audio, musicians and audio professionals, audio app developers, and the manufacturers of next generation music and audio instruments, tools, technology/hardware/software and related applications. A3E has resonated with key organizations, companies and individuals that support that mission.
Berklee College of Music (http://www.berklee.edu) with campuses in Boston and Valencia Spain, is the world's leading institute of contemporary music. For more than half a century, the college has evolved to reflect the state of the art of music and the music business, leading the way with the world’s first baccalaureate studies in jazz, rock, electric guitar, film scoring, songwriting, turntables, electronic production, and more than a dozen other genres and fields of study. With a diverse and talented student body representing 96 countries, and alumni who have collectively won more than 250 Grammys and Latin Grammys, Berklee is the world's premier learning lab for the music of today—and tomorrow.
KVR Audio, Inc. (http://www.kvraudio.com) is the Internet's number one news and information resource for open standard audio plug-ins. KVR reports new releases, product announcements and product updates (major and minor) for all VST Plug-ins, Audio Unit Plug-ins, RTAS Plug-ins and AAX Plug-ins. In addition, KVR reports on mobile apps for iOS and Android and of course the numerous related soundware and hardware products. KVR manages a fully searchable audio plug-in, application, soundware, hardware and app database (that is updated daily), and offers many free member services including user reviews, product update notifications and a very active discussion forum. KVR also hosts official forums for many plug-in and soundware developers.
“A3E’s core mission is to provide a dedicated exchange for the real creative drivers of the music and audio industry - for musicians, audio pros and audio/soundware developers, the support of Berklee College of Music and KVR Audio will only bolster that mission” said Paul Sitar, A3E Show Director. “The quality, credibility, passion and commitment of these two amazing A3E sponsors, coupled with their shared vision in creating environments to educate and create the next generation advanced audio technologies allows A3E to be a catalyst and global focal point for the music technology industry.”
A3E is also proud to announce the creation of the A3E Advisory Board - a nucleus of the brightest minds who have not only pioneered and that created the music technology industry as it is, but who are forging ahead and providing the leadership of the music technologies for tomorrow and beyond. A3E is honored to have the participation of:
- David Mash, Senior Vice President for Innovation, Strategy, and Technology, Berklee College of Music. Mr. Mash is a leading authority on music technology and education and has collaborated on development and artistic projects with leaders in the multimedia and music industries. He has also been called "the industry's leading evangelist for the marriage of music and technology."
- Chris Halaby, CEO, KVRaudio, Inc. Mr. Halaby has over 30 years of experience in the music products industry, as a performer, retailer, educator, and entrepreneur. He helped to found Opcode Systems, Inc, which became a market leader in the business of developing and marketing computer software and hardware peripherals used by musicians to compose, edit, and record music.
- Steven Slate, CEO, Slate Digital. Mr. Slate is a recording engineer, creator of innovative drum samples used by some of the industry's top producers and mixers, creator of his own drum software brand and boutique hardware brand, innovator of precise digital modeling of classic analog hardware, and creator of a series of multi-touch production using a state of the art multi-touch screen and proprietary software.
- Chanel Summers, Co-Founder, Syndicate 17. Ms. Summers is a pioneering designer and producer of video games and srved as Microsoft’s first Audio Technical Evangelist. A published author of articles and technical white papers, Summers is a professional drummer, and a highly sought after lecturer at both music and technology industry events around the world, as well as at leading educational institutions.
- Joe Zobkiw, Chief Zob and Coder, Zobcode. Mr. Zobkiw specializes in Mac and iOS software development for music and audio. He recently created and released the Explores app for iOS with progressive rock musician Jordan Rudess of the band Dream Theater, and contributes to the open-source Roundware platform.
Complete details and full bios on the A3E Advisory Board and its members can be found at http://www.a3exchange.com/advisory-board.html.
A3E aims to create greater strategic synergy between code and audio app development, the art of music and audio being created, and the instruments, tools and hardware being manufactured for this highly specialized profession. Dedicated to an exchange of ideas, the conference will encourage attendees to discuss current issues as well as explore future challenges and opportunities, discuss new product development, as well as foster the creation of emerging standards for new music and audio technologies. A3E features three separate conference programs:
- A3E Audio Developers Conference™ - geared towards software engineers, software programmers, quality assurance personnel, software architects, and project managers.
- A3E P2 Conference™: Production + Performance - designed for professional musicians, record producers, film composers, television composers, musical directors, sound designers, mastering engineers, recording engineers, audio-visual mixers, professional songwriters, web/audio integrators/designers, video game composers, DJs, and re-mixers.
- A3E R&D, Market + Business Strategies Summit™ - created for research & development personnel, product managers, marketing managers, business development strategists, channel strategists – the people responsible for advancing and monetizing the radical changes that are evolving within the music and audio marketplaces.
The three A3E conference programs will be complimented by four Mastermind Keynote presentations. A3E will also offer all attendees informative company briefings, product workshops and training sessions presented by leaders and innovators of next generation audio products and services.
For more information, please go to http://www.A3Exchange.com.
About The Massachusetts Convention Center Authority
The Massachusetts Convention Center Authority owns and oversees the operations of the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center, the MassMutual Center in Springfield, MA and the Boston Common Parking Garage. The BCEC and Hynes have earned a rare gold standard from the International Association of Congress Centres (AIPC), making Boston only the fourth city in North America and the 12th worldwide to have been awarded this top standard, the highest certification level a convention facility can achieve under strict AIPC guidelines.
In 2012, the MCCA hosted 245 events at the BCEC and Hynes with 654,119 attendees, generating 561,279 hotel room nights and $656 million in economic impact. The MCCA is currently in the midst of its Top 5 campaign to launch Boston into the top five convention destinations in North America. For more information, go to http://www.massconvention.com.
Using vision and creativity applied to the world around us, Sitarian looks to create, as well as help others to create, new ideas and to innovate products and services. Sitarian's emphasis and focus on creating and launching trade shows and conferences allows all facets of vision and creativity to be exercised. Events represent a great opportunity to create a nucleus of subject expertise, vendors, attendees, buyers and sellers and associations gathered in one place to delve into important topics and business issues. For more information please visit http://www.sitarian.com.