Sacramento, CA (PRWEB) July 13, 2017
Travel Insurance Marketplace AardvarkCompare reveals its latest research on the best way to stay fit and healthy on board your next cruise.
Each year 20 million people go on a cruise, and over 60% of those travelers depart from North America. Yet each year many of those passengers fall sick onboard or come home in poor shape.
AardvarkCompare CEO Jonathan Breeze commented:
‘Travel Insurance is super-important for when things go wrong, as sometimes happens on a cruise. But at AardvarkCompare, we spend most of our time sharing advice and recommendations with our customers on how to stay out of trouble in order that they enjoy their vacation.
This healthy cruise advice is simply an extension of this desire – keeping our customers happy and in good shape.
In Stay Healthy when Cruising – Part 1 we look at the following tips:
1. Keep washing your hands. Thousands of people are on board in a relatively small space. It is so easy to transmit infections to one another – clean hands help prevent this.
2. Stay hydrated. Don’t get hot and bothered – keep drinking, stay fresh.
3. Drink from the bottle. Drinking from a previously sealed bottle is ideal. Avoid ice – it may well get you sick if made from impure water.
4. Jet Lag. Many people suffer from jet lag. If you are prone to this, try to arrive a day or two early to begin the cruise. Allow your body to adjust to the new time zone, and then really enjoy your cruise.
5. Sunburn – Slip, Slop, Slap. As we get closer to the equator, the sun is far more powerful. Sunburn is incredibly painful, but easily avoided. Slip on a shirt, Slap on some sunscreen, Slap on a hat.
In Stay Healthy when Cruising – Part 2 we look at the following tips:
1. Smaller Portions. There will be unlimited food and drink, so try to pace yourself. As tempting as it is, smaller portions are the way to go.
2. Avoid seasickness. Bring your medicine with you, or see the on-board doctor. Try to look out of the ship and towards the horizon.
3. Take the stairs. Not every time, of course – this is a vacation. But, use the stairs when you can as part of your overall wellness program. Little things make big differences.
4. Cocktails Calmly. The range of cocktails onboard can be overwhelming. Try to take it easy so as to avoid that most unpleasant of cruising experiences – the hangover.
5. Tell the truth. If you arrive sick or infected, let the crew know. They will help you get better, quickly, without you infecting hundreds or thousands of fellow shipmates.
Added together, we think that these tips should keep our travelers in great shape to enjoy their cruise, and come home with nothing but great memories.’
AardvarkCompare is a 50 state Travel Insurance Marketplace.
Customers get to Compare & Save, Quickly.
AardvarkCompare donates 10% of its annual profits to the Special Operations Warrior Foundation.