Pittsburgh, PA (PRWEB) June 24, 2014
Acri Commercial Realty has discovered home owners may have some misconceptions regarding website usage. Board members often think the Association website is failing because it does not generate a lot of “hits”. Because of this mistaken belief Acri has developed a tip list to help Association Boards understand and unlock the true potential of a properly managed and designed Association Website.
1.Refresh content often. Include recent minutes, newsletters, and important notices. Always include governing documents, specifications, and financials.
2. Include a password protected ownership directory.
3. Make sure there is an electronic dues payment option on the website.
4. Allow ownership to reserve the clubhouse facility through the website.
5. Post a calendar of The Association’s community events, including Board and annual meetings.
6. Make sure the website displays properly on desktops, laptops, tables and smart phones.
7. Push content to owners through email blasts. Always referencing the website in the communication.
Because an Association website is not a commerce website, hit count is not really a good indication of success. Remember that the group of people that would ever be interested in the Association is really only as large as The Association itself and the realtors who are involved in buying and selling in the community.