There are moments in recovery that leave you filled with gratitude and awe.
Long Beach, CA (PRWEB) September 02, 2015
Addiction.com, a comprehensive website dedicated to addiction and recovery, kicks off “What My Recovery Looks Like” in honor of the 26th annual National Recovery Month, launched by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration to promote the benefits of prevention, treatment and recovery for mental and substance use disorders.
Addiction.com's National Recovery Month project can be found at addiction.com/nationalrecoverymonth.
Throughout the month of September, Addiction.com will showcase inspiring photos and captions from real people in recovery. Each photograph captures some aspect of sobriety that has made that individual's life happier or healthier.
- “The simple act of taking a walk with my dog on the beach would have been too complicated for me pre-sobriety and now it’s one of the biggest joys in my life.” – Katie MacBride
- “Recovery has helped me heal my feelings of inadequacy and tame my inner critic. I not only fall asleep easily, I also enjoy a regular yoga practice.” – Jean Greer McCarthy
- “This is a photo of me when I was a baby: happy, brave, curious, unfettered, unashamed, confident. And that’s exactly how I feel at this point in this recovery.” – Amy Dresner
- “There are moments in recovery that leave you filled with gratitude and awe. This was one of those moments for me: My oldest daughter was graduating from law school in New York City.” – Scott Silverman
- “My heart and senses were open to natural pleasure because I was drug-free, exercising my body, eating good food, getting sleep and practicing honesty, open-mindedness and willingness.” – Jennifer Matesa
The Addiction.com staff is accepting submissions throughout the month of September in an effort to spread the message that while recovery may look different for everyone who experiences it, every day sobriety changes lives for the better, in ways both big and small. To learn more or to submit a photo and caption, go to addiction.com/nationalrecoverymonth.
Addiction.com is an online destination for those dealing with chemical and process addictions, the millions of Americans living in recovery, and the many more who love those struggling with addiction and mental disorders. Through helpful articles, blogs by leading experts, informational videos, meeting and therapist finders, infographics, recipes and other resources, Addiction.com is creating community, awareness and a better understanding of addiction as a chronic but treatable disease.
Addiction.com is owned by Elements Behavioral Health, a family of behavioral health programs located throughout the United States. The Elements Behavioral Health® family of programs offers comprehensive, innovative treatment for substance abuse, sexual addiction, trauma, eating disorders, and other mental health disorders. Through its programs, the company is committed to delivering clinically sophisticated treatment that promotes permanent lifestyle change, not only for the patient but for the entire family network. For more information, visit elementsbehavioralhealth.com.