GeriJoy joins a global, interdisciplinary community of both nonprofit and for-profit senior care stakeholders to share knowledge and collaborate to cultivate, develop and scale innovations in aging.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) April 03, 2015
GeriJoy, the leading provider of avatar-enhanced health advocates for chronic care management and reduction of preventable hospital readmissions, today announced it has joined the Aging2.0 Alliance – a new membership community for innovative senior care stakeholders and technology companies. The Aging2.0 Alliance will help peers and new partners connect and innovate together.
“GeriJoy is thrilled to join Aging2.0’s world-class selection of leaders in health and aging care,” says Victor Wang, CEO of GeriJoy. “It’s such a joy to be able work with so many extraordinary and passionate people, who each represent the best of the best in their respective fields.”
“The Aging2.0 Alliance welcomes GeriJoy,” said Scott Peifer, Vice President of Alliance Development at Aging2.0. ”GeriJoy joins a global, interdisciplinary community of both nonprofit and for-profit senior care stakeholders to share knowledge and collaborate to cultivate, develop and scale innovations in aging.”
As a member, GeriJoy will receive priority access to the pipeline of innovation from Aging2.0’s network of startups and corporate technology members, facilitated knowledge sharing opportunities, and assistance in finding the right partners.
GeriJoy joins the following 72 inaugural Aging2.0 Alliance members:
- Aging2.0 Leaders Circle partners: Brookdale, Direct Supply, El Camino Hospital / Pathways Home Health & Hospice, Formation Capital, Genesis, Health Care REIT, Home Instead, LCS, Medline, National Investment Center (NIC), Point Click Care, Revera Senior Living, Silverado and TridentUSA;
- Senior and health care organization members: ABHOW, be.group, Cardinal Health, Episcopal Senior Communities, Eskaton, Front Porch, ImmediateCare, Mary's Woods, OnLok, Pacific Retirement Services, Presbyterian Retirement Communities Northwest, RiverWoods, Sodexo, Tacoma Lutheran Retirement Community, The Hearthstone, and Thrive Senior Living;
- Corporate technology company members: Care Innovations, ClearCare, Intel Corp., LG CNS, Panasonic, Suitable Technologies, and Yardi Systems;
- Startup members: Geppetto Avatars, LivWell Health, Moai Explorer, View Glass and Aging2.0’s Academy companies Accushield, Active Protective, Breezie, BrainAid, CareLinx, Caremerge, Care Monster, Caresolver, Evermind, Everplans, GeriJoy, Gociety, Grove, Life Assist Technologies, Life2, Life in the Moment, Lift Hero, Linked Senior, Lively, Narrative Apparel, Open Placement, Roobrik, Sabi, SingFit, Smartstones, Stitch, Sword Health, True Link, WalkJoy, Woundrounds, and Vynca; and
- Association Affiliate members: American Health Care Association (AHCA), LeadingAge California, LeadingAge Oregon and LeadingAge Washington.
Visit http://www.aging2.com/alliance or contact Scott Peifer, Vice President of Alliance Development at scott(at)aging2(dot)com for more information and to join.
GeriJoy provides a patient engagement and clinical reporting service that leverages GeriJoy’s global team of specially-trained health advocates to provide 24x7, person-centered wellness coaching, psychosocial support, and timely, actionable reporting and alerts. GeriJoy utilizes tablet-based avatars to captivate patients and enhance continuity of care. Software algorithms help GeriJoy’s health advocates to reinforce self-management of chronic conditions such as heart failure, myocardial infarction, pneumonia, COPD, depression, and diabetes, according to clinical best practices. Clinicians receive regular patient progress reports, in addition to timely alerts on issues that need urgent intervention, helping to mitigate risk and reduce hospital readmissions. GeriJoy has earned accolades for health and senior care innovation leadership from organizations such as TEDMED and the US Senate, and currently serves the hospital, senior living, and home care market segments across the continental United States. For more information, visit gerijoy.com
Aging2.0 is a global organization on a mission to accelerate innovation that will improve the lives of older adults around the world. Aging2.0 connects, educates and supports innovators through its global chapter network, consumer research panel, conferences, Aging2.0 Academy startup program, Alliance membership community and the Generator Ventures fund. In less than three years, Aging2.0 has become the premier platform for discovering and cultivating innovations focused on aging and long-term care.