BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (PRWEB) May 03, 2019
The Alabama CIO Leadership Association (AlabamaCIO) announced the winners of its 2019 CIO of the Year® ORBIE® Awards. AlabamaCIO recognized chief information officers in six key categories – Leadership, Global, Large Enterprise, Enterprise, Corporate, and Nonprofit/ Public Sector. The Awards were presented at the Alabama CIO of the Year Awards at Hyatt Regency Birmingham- The Wynfrey Hotel.
“Today’s recognition of these CIO Executives’ ability to innovate and lead their organizations is the cornerstone of the Alabama CIO Leadership Association’s vision of developing transformative technology leaders who deliver business outcomes that impact their organizations, their industries, and our world,” said Tamara Lopata, Executive Director of AlabamaCIO. “Being selected by their peers is testament to the innovation, leadership and perseverance these individuals have mastered in earning this prestigious recognition.”
The 2019 Alabama CIO of the Year ORBIE Award winners are:
- Scott McGlaun, SVP & CIO, BlueCross BlueShield of Alabama, received the Leadership CIO of the Year ORBIE.
- Ellen Holladay, SVP & CIO, Motion Industries, received the Global ORBIE, for organizations over $2 billion annual revenue & multi-national
- Rusty Yeager, SVP & CIO, Encompass Health, received the Large Enterprise ORBIE, for organizations over $500 million annual revenue.
- Jamie Adams, CIO, Mspark, received the Enterprise ORBIE, for organizations over $125 million annual revenue.
- Matthew Jaeh, CTP, ProctorU Inc., received the Corporate ORBIE, for organizations up to $125 million annual revenue.
- Jim Purcell, Secretary of IT & CIO, State of Alabama, Office of Information Technology, received the Nonprofit/Public Sector ORBIE, for government, healthcare, education and not-for-profit organizations.
The CIO of the Year ORBIE Awards is the premier technology executive recognition program in the United States. Since inception in 1998, over 800 CIOs have been honored as finalists and over 185 CIO of the Year winners have received the prestigious ORBIE Award. The ORBIE honors chief information officers who have demonstrated excellence in technology leadership. Finalists and winners are selected by an independent peer review process, led by prior ORBIE recipients, based upon:
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Business value created by technology innovation
- Size and scope of responsibilities
- Engagement in industry and community endeavors
The CIO Awards ceremony was keynoted by James Dallas, two-time Fortune 500 CIO, board member, and author. James shared his leadership insights as one of the nation’s top thought leaders in the IT & utility industries. Nearly 550 guests attended, representing leading Alabama organizations and their technology partners.
The 2019 Alabama CIO of the Year Awards was made possible by the following sponsors:
- Underwriters: Veristor, Alloy Digital, Google Cloud & AIC
- Gold sponsors: Layer3 Communications & C Spire
- Silver sponsors: CGI, CSI Leasing, Red Hat, ServiceNow & Data Blue
- Bronze sponsors: Protiviti, Accenture, Cerner, Pure Storage, Sprint, Splunk, Dell EMC, Berney Office Solutions, Doozer Software, City of Hoover & IBM
- Media partner: The Birmingham Business Journal
- About the Alabama CIO Leadership Association
The Alabama CIO Leadership Association (AlabamaCIO) is the preeminent professional association for Alabama chief information officers. Our membership is comprised exclusively of CIOs (or equivalent executive roles) from public and private companies, government, education, healthcare and nonprofit organizations.
AlabamaCIO is led by a CIO Advisory Board which sets the annual program agenda for the association. Events are facilitated by a full-time Executive Director and professional staff. AlabamaCIO events are CIO-led and attended solely by CIO-level executives.
- Achieve your leadership potential through AlabamaCIO: http://www.alabamacio.org