Union, Washington (PRWEB) November 05, 2013
Built in 1913 on just two 150’ wide lots, Alderbrook Resort & Spa quickly expanded to become one of the most revered northwest resorts. Now, with 100 years of extraordinary memories along the shores of the Hood Canal, Alderbrook continues to pay homage to the Resort’s vast history and heritage through festive traditions and seasonal celebrations. Located just two hours from Seattle and two-and-a-half hours from Portland, Alderbrook is offering a variety of holiday-focused, family friendly and culinary activities throughout November to honor the areas past, present and future. Experiences include:
Mondays in November:
- Prime Rib Dinner: With unrivaled flavor and simplicity, this prime grade cut is love at first bite. Starting at 5:00 p.m., dine at the Restaurant at Alderbrook for this divine specialty dish.
Tuesdays in November:
- Half off One Bottle of Wine- Starting at 5:00 p.m. in the Restaurant, enjoy an exceptional bottle of wine at half price.
Wednesdays in November:
- Crab Barbecue- For a unique, seasonal dining experience, join in for fresh crab, hot off of the barbecue on the cottage lawn from 5:00-6:00 p.m.
- Family Seafood Dinner- There are few things more unique to the Hood Canal than seafood caught fresh from the surrounding pristine waters. Indulge in a special seafood menu offered Wednesday evenings starting at 5:00 p.m. at the Restaurant at Alderbrook.
Thursdays in November:
- Virtual Golf - From 3:00-4:00 p.m., receive instructions from an Alderbrook Golf Pro at the virtual golf course.
Fridays in November:
- Welcome Reception with Hoodsport Distillery- Start a weekend getaway with tastes of a favorite local libation. Enjoy complimentary sips of Hoodsport Distillery’s hand-crafted beverages in the lobby from 6:00-7:00 p.m.; complimentary to overnight guests.
- Live Music and Happy Hour: Enjoy the happy hour menu and live local entertainment in the Restaurant Lounge from 9:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.
Saturdays in November:
- Xbox Game Room Tournament- For the young and young in heart, test those hard earned gaming skills in the weekly Xbox Game Room tournament for a chance to win Resort credits. Meet in the Xbox Game Room from 12:00-3:00 p.m.
Sundays in November:
- Local Artisan Showcase- Admire the artistic creations and take home authentic souvenirs made by local artisans from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. in the restaurant breezeway.
- NFL Game Day- Meet in the Xbox Game Room to watch top NFL games or play Madden on the nine game stations, each with an Xbox 360 and a 37″ TV.
In addition to the unique resort amenities and activities taking place throughout November, the NW Resort is hosting special community and culinary events open to resort guests and non-guests alike. Events include:
- Wine Maker’s Dinner with Dusted Valley Winery: Feel the warmth of the Harvest Season at the November Winemaker’s Dinner on Nov. 16. Meet the Winemaker of 2013 Wine & Spirits Magazine Winery of the Year, Dusted Valley Winery, and delight in thoughtful pairings for a culinary experience to remember. Social begins at 6:30 p.m., dinner begins at 7:00 p.m.; $109 per person. Space is limited, reservations are highly recommended.
- Thanksgiving Dinner: Celebrate Thanksgiving at Alderbrook Resort & Spa. The award winning culinary team will do of all the cooking so that guests can make the most of time with friends and family. Space is limited and reservations are required.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony: Santa Claus cruises to Hood Canal to help light up the Holiday! Ushered in on the Lady Alderbrook yacht, Santa arrives at the marina at Alderbrook to kick-off a ‘Winter Wonderland’ and will flip the switch on more than seven miles of lights adorning the Resort and a 35-foot holiday tree. Join in on November 29th for cocoa, photos with Santa and fireworks to be enjoyed by all.
- Cocoa Cruises and Family Photos with Santa Claus- Starting the weekend after Thanksgiving, Santa Claus will be at the Resort on Saturdays to ring in the holiday season with family friendly activities. Every Saturday beginning Nov. 30 until Dec. 22, guests and non-guests are invited to take photos with Santa from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., with suggested donations for the photos going to a local charity. Additionally, Santa will take to the waters of the Hood Canal for a festive, family friendly cruise on the Lady Alderbrook yacht. This amenity is also open to both guests and non-guests. Space is limited and reservations are required.
For more information on any of the events above, please visit the resort’s event calendar. To read more about accommodations packages, visit the Specials & Packages page on AlderbrookResort.com or call (360) 898-2200.
About Alderbrook Resort & Spa:
Alderbrook Resort & Spa evokes the calming spirit of the Hood Canal. Less than two hours west of Seattle, yet a world away from the everyday, the Resort is nestled on the scenic south shore of Hood Canal and is ideal for a getaway or conference retreat. Featuring 77 luxury guest rooms, 16 private one and two-bedroom cottages and three private guesthouses near the golf course, Alderbrook Resort & Spa’s thoughtfully appointed amenities include premium linens, soaking tubs, a world-class full-service spa, a waterfront pool, and a welcoming stone fireplace and library in the lobby, as well as access to the 54-foot luxury Lady Alderbrook cruise boat, the Hood Canal Marina and a neighboring PGA-class golf course and clubhouse. Named in the “Top 100 Best in the World” hotels and ranking number one of 10 of Resorts in the Pacific Northwest by Condé Nast Traveler in November 2012, “Top 10 Mainland Spas” by Condé Nast Traveler in June 2012 and “Best Resort” in 2012 by Evening Magazine, the Resort also houses The Restaurant at Alderbrook, which specializes in the region’s best local seafood and world-class wines. For more information, please visit http://www.alderbrookresort.com.