Union, Washington (PRWEB) April 02, 2014
Throughout April, Alderbrook Resort & Spa on Hood Canal is celebrating the area’s most famous underwater delicacy – oysters! The nearby Olympic Mountain range supplies the canal with pristine water, giving the 16 Hood Canal oyster varieties delicious world-renowned flavor. The historic resort is located just two hours from Seattle and two-and-a-half hours from Portland. A variety of oyster-focused activities and experiences will be available to guests during “Extraordinary Oyster Month,” including:
- Hood Canal Oyster Tours: Take a guided exploration of the Canal’s beautiful waterfront tides. Beach Tours will correspond with daily morning tide schedules and are complimentary to overnight guests on Mondays and Saturdays throughout the month.
- Weekly Oyster BBQ: On behalf of “Extraordinary Oyster Month,” guests are encouraged to enjoy perfectly barbecued oysters dipped in house-made sauces while learning how to BBQ oysters themselves, complimentary every Wednesday from 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. on the Cottage lawn.
- Oyster Shucking 101: Witness the Canal’s best local shuckers as they demonstrate oyster expertise, including appearances from Hama Hama Oyster Co. and Alderbrook’s own Executive Chef, Lucas Sautter. Shucking will take place every Thursday from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. in the Restaurant bar.
- Local Spirits & Oysters: To honor both oysters and Alderbrook guests, join in a toast with succulent oysters on the half shell and spirits from Gig Harbor’s Heritage Distillery. The weekend-kickoff celebration takes place from 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. in the lobby every Friday and is complimentary to guests.
In addition to “Extraordinary Oyster Month”, a variety of special activities and Easter holiday events are happening in April, providing a perfect opportunity for families, couples and individuals—guests and non-guests—to experience the reinvigorating nature of Alderbrook. Events include:
- Easter Egg Coloring: Children of all ages are invited to color eggs on April 19 from 12:00-4:00 p.m. This activity is complimentary to guests and non-guests alike, and all art supplies will be provided.
- Easter Brunch: Celebrate Easter on Sunday April 20 with a traditional northwestern brunch from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Family-style menu features cold and hot buffets, carving station, entree, and desserts. Call the Alderbrook Restaurant at (360) 898-5500 to make a reservation—prices are $14.00 for children and $39.00 for adults.
- Easter Egg Hunt: Children of all ages are invited to hunt for eggs filled with surprises at Alderbrook’s annual Easter Egg Hunt on the Waterfront & Cottage Lawns, starting at noon on Sunday April 20. The Easter Bunny will be making special appearances throughout the day!
- Easter Photos: Commemorate Sunday with a complimentary holiday family keepsake—capture the moment before or after brunch or the egg hunt. Located in the lobby from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00p.m.
To complement the festive events scheduled throughout the month, Alderbrook is hosting special weekly events open to both resort guests and non-guests throughout April. Culinary and family-friendly activities and amenities include:
Mondays in April:
- Prime Rib Dinner- With unrivaled flavor and simplicity, this prime grade cut is love at first bite. Starting at 5:00 p.m., dine at the Restaurant at Alderbrook for this divine specialty dish.
- Spa Special- Start the week off with a fresh face, and enjoy $20 off any 60 or 90 minute facials.
Tuesdays in April:
- Sea Salt Blend Bar- Overnight guests are invited to customize their very own scented body scrub or body cream at the weekly blend bar. Spa specialists will be on hand to assist from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Spa Special- Book an Alderbrook Signature Massage and receive a complimentary BKr Water bottle!
Wednesdays in April:
- Trivia Challenge- To coincide with the libation and dining specials, guests are invited to join in a fun trivia challenge on Wednesday evenings starting at 7:00 p.m. in the Lounge. The trivia challenge is complimentary and open to both Resort guests and non-guests.
- $1.00 Oysters- Starting at 5:00 p.m., locally harvested Oysters on the half-shell are priced at $1.00 or the rest of the evening!
- Spa Special- Detoxify with Alderbrook’s signature 4 Elements treatment for only $130.00. Treatment includes: Dead Sea Salt Exfoliation, Moor Mud Bath, Detoxifying Essential Oil Cocoon with warm stones.
Thursdays in April:
- Spa Special- Receive a complimentary gel or French tip upgrade with any 60 minute nail service.
Fridays in April:
- Live Music and Happy Hour – Enjoy the happy hour menu and live local entertainment in the Restaurant Lounge from 9:00 p.m.-12:00 a.m.
Sundays in April:
- Happy Hour in the Lounge – Enjoy the happy hour menu in the Restaurant lounge from 12:00 p.m. to close.
- Family Movie Cruise – Enjoy a family-friendly evening on the waters of Hood Canal! Guests staying at the Resort on Sunday nights are invited to a complimentary cruise on the Lady Alderbrook yacht, complete with a family friendly movie playing throughout the ride. Boarding begins at 5:30 p.m. and departs at 6:00 p.m. The cruise will arrive back at the Resort at 7:00 p.m. Space is available on a first-come-first-serve basis and reservations are not required.
For more information on any of the events above, please visit the resort’s event calendar. To read more about accommodations packages, visit the Specials & Packages page online or call (360) 898-2200. To make reservations at The Restaurant at Alderbrook, please call (360) 898-5500.
About Alderbrook Resort & Spa:
Alderbrook Resort & Spa evokes the calming spirit of the Hood Canal. Less than two hours west of Seattle, yet a world away from the everyday, the Resort is nestled on the scenic south shore of Hood Canal and is ideal for a getaway or conference retreat. Featuring 77 luxury guest rooms and 16 private one and two-bedroom cottages, Alderbrook Resort & Spa’s thoughtfully appointed amenities include premium linens, soaking tubs, a world-class full-service spa, a waterfront saltwater pool, and a welcoming stone fireplace and library in the lobby, as well as access to over three miles of exclusive guest hiking trails, the 54-foot luxury Lady Alderbrook cruise boat, the Hood Canal Marina and a neighboring PGA-class golf course and clubhouse. Named in the “Top 100 Best in the World” hotels by Condé Nast Traveler in January 2014 and ranking number one of 10 of Resorts in the Pacific Northwest by Condé Nast Traveler in November 2013, the Resort also houses The Restaurant at Alderbrook, which specializes in the region’s best local seafood and world-class wines. For more information, please visit http://www.alderbrookresort.com.