Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) September 15, 2014
Allergic conjunctivitis is inflammation of the conjunctiva (the membrane covering the white part of the eye) due to allergy. Although allergens differ among patients, the most common cause is hay fever. Symptoms consist of redness (mainly due to vasodilation of the peripheral small blood vessels), oedema (swelling) of the conjunctiva, itching, and increased lacrimation (production of tears). If this is combined with rhinitis, the condition is termed allergic rhinoconjunctivitis. The symptoms are due to release of histamine and other active substances by mast cells, which stimulate dilation of blood vessels, irritate nerve endings, and increase secretion of tears. Treatment of allergic conjunctivitis is by avoiding the allergen (e.g., avoiding grass in bloom during "hay fever season") and treatment with antihistamines, either topical (in the form of eye drops), or systemic (in the form of tablets). Antihistamines, medication that stabilizes mast cells and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are safe and usually effective.
Order a Purchase Copy @ http://www.marketoptimizer.org/contacts/purchase?rname=10436 .
Key Questions Answered
- The allergic conjunctivitis market is marked by the presence of a number of unmet needs in current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the allergic conjunctivitis market?
- The late-stage allergic conjunctivitis pipeline is filled with therapies with diverse formulations and routes of administration. Which drug will have a significant impact on the migraine market. Which of these drugs will have the highest CAGR, and why?
- The allergic conjunctivitis market is currently dominated by generic drugs. How will the introduction of combinations of device and drugs, and new classes of therapies change the treatment landscape once reimbursement is not a problem anymore? How will the drug treatment rates change over the next ten years? What are the key drivers and barriers to this change?
List of Companies
- Bausch & Lomb/Valeant
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Kyowa Hakko Kogyo
- Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma
- Senju Seiyaku
- ISTA Pharmaceuticals
- Sirion Therapeutics
- Senju Pharmaceuticals
- Santen Pharmaceutical
- Ocular Therapeutix
- Auven Therapeutics
- Laboratoires Thea S.A.
- Laila Pharmaceuticals
- Atopix Therapeutics
Complete Report Details Available @ http://www.marketoptimizer.org/opportunityanalyzer-allergic-conjunctivitis-opportunity-analysis-and-forecasts-to-2018.html .
- The main driver of the expansion of the migraine market will be the continuous use of Botox for chronic migraine. The introduction of reformulations of mature products as well as new classes of therapies will further increase the market size.
- The biggest barrier for the introduction of new therapies will be patent expirations of the majority of the drugs marketed for migraine, which have resulted in an increase of generics, and which may negatively impact revenue from branded drugs that are expected to launch in the forecast period.
- The concerns of reducing healthcare costs as part of government austerity measures, particularly in Europe, which will impede market growth. To ensure reimbursement companies will have to work closely together with payers and price their drugs competitively.
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global migraine therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global migraine therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global migraine therapeutics market from 2012-2017.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Inquire before Buying @ http://www.marketoptimizer.org/contacts/inquire-before-buying?rname=10436 . (This is a premium report priced at US$5995 for a single user License.)
Table of Contents for This Report
1 Table of Contents
3 Disease Overview
5 Current Treatment Options Overview
6 Unmet Needs Assessment and Opportunity Analysis
7 Research and Development Strategies
8 Pipeline Assessment
9 Pipeline Valuation Analysis
Explore more reports on Pharmaceuticals industry at http://www.marketoptimizer.org/category/life-sciences/pharmaceuticals .
MarketOptimizer.org is an online database of market research reports offer in-depth analysis of over 5000 market segments. The library has syndicated reports by leading market research publishers across the globe and also offer customized market research reports for multiple industries.