In the US, the introduction of AITs will drive growth in the AR immunotherapies market, due to their high cost relative to standard subcutaneous allergen extracts.
Dallas, Texas (PRWEB) September 23, 2014
The global specific immunotherapy (SIT) market for allergic rhinitis (AR) is highly fragmented, with the US, Europe, and Japan having different SIT formulations available, under different regulatory restrictions, with almost no historical company crossover between markets. Europe has the most developed market, with subcutaneous immunotherapy (SCIT), sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT), and allergen immunotherapy tablets (AITs) all being available. However, economy-driven healthcare expenditure restrictions have led to negative growth in European SIT sales for many companies, and in addition new German regulatory guidelines means now previously European-centric allergen extract manufacturers are partnering with US and Japanese pharmaceutical companies to distribute their therapies in the previously underdeveloped markets. In the US, the introduction of AITs will drive growth in the AR immunotherapies market, due to their high cost relative to standard subcutaneous allergen extracts. The total allergen extract immunotherapy market is expected to grow from $172.5m to $688.3m between 2013 and 2018. Japan, a market previously not widely treated with SIT, is set to see a new range of standardized, clinically-evaluated products containing the two most prevalent allergens, house dust mite (HDM) and Japanese cedar pollen. Available options will include AIT formulations previously unavailable in the market. GlobalData projects that the immunotherapy sales in Japan will reach $47.09m in 2018, with a CAGR of 70.24%.
Order a Purchase Copy @ http://www.marketoptimizer.org/contacts/purchase?rname=10689 .
(This is a premium report priced at US$7995 for a single user License.)
Key Questions Answered
- Although SIT is the only therapy that targets the cause of AR, the drug treatment rate is low. The AR SIT market is still marked by the presence of a number of unmet needs in current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? What are the R&D approaches currently being explored?
- How will the requirement for SIT registration in Germany impact the AR SIT market in the 5MM? How will this process impact the market leaders in this space? Which of these companies will attain high sales revenues during 2013-2018? Which company will have the highest peak sales at the highest CAGR, and why?
- The current AR SIT market in the US and Japan is dominated by SCIT. How will the advent of allergen immunotherapy tablets change the drug treatment landscape for AR in these markets? How will the drug treatment rate change over the next five years? What are the key drivers and barriers to this change?
List of Companies
- Allergy Laboratories
- Allergy Therapeutics
- Allergopharma (a subsidiary of Merck KGaA)
- DBV Technologies
- Dynavax Technologies
- Greer Laboratories
- HAL Allergy
- HollisterStier Allergy
- Laboratorios LETI
- Merck & Co.
- Other (5EU)
- Shionogi & Co.
- Torii Pharmaceutical
Complete Report Details Available @ http://www.marketoptimizer.org/opportunityanalyzer-allergic-rhinitis-allergen-specific-immunotherapy-opportunity-analysis-and-forecast-to-2018.html .
- A major driver to the US market will be the introduction of several allergen immunotherapy tablets (AITs): Merck’s Grastek (grass), Ragwitek (ragweed), and Mitizax (HDM) tablets, as well as Greer’s Oralair (grass). These new products overcome the inconvenience of conventional subcutaneous immunotherapies (SCIT). the higher profit margins associated with AIT compared with SCIT will boost the US market size, even if uptake is minimal.
- The main driver to an increase in the drug treatment rate and the expansion of the Japanese SIT market will be the launch of new sublingual immunotherapies (SLIT), by both Torii and Shionogi. Shionogi represents a new market entrant with brand power that will lead to increased awareness of SLITs in general and subsequent market growth.
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline. Additionally a list of acquisition targets included in the pipeline product company list.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global AR therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global AR therapeutics market in future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track drug sales in the global AR therapeutics market from 2013-2018.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Explore more reports on Pharmaceuticals industry at http://www.marketoptimizer.org/category/life-sciences/pharmaceuticals .
MarketOptimizer.org is an online database of market research reports offer in-depth analysis of over 5000 market segments. The library has syndicated reports by leading market research publishers across the globe and also offer customized market research reports for multiple industries.