Pairing commandCASE with the taraPLUS suspension arm creates an unbeatable combination which we expect to be very popular.
Fareham, Hampshire (PRWEB UK) 12 February 2014
ROLEC has launched commandCASE – a new range of high quality diecast aluminium housings for industrial control applications.
They feature attractive and ergonomic wing-shaped handles for easy manoeuvring when the units are mounted on suspension arms.
The distinctive handles are fixed to the lid, making it easier to open and close the housing. The lid also features a 1.7 mm recess for the mounting of membrane keypads or the addition of labels.
ROLEC commandCASE is extremely tough and versatile. It has been designed for mounting on machine housings, walls, bulkheads and suspension systems.
The unit’s IP66 protection rating and rugged construction make it a great choice for marine and offshore applications.
New commandCASE is available in three versions:
- Standard with hinged lid with snap closures (with or without an optional key lock on the snap closure)
- Version I – with hinged lid secured from the rear on the unhinged side by two stainless steel screws
- Version II – this unhinged lid is secured by four stainless steel screws. Lid retaining straps are also supplied.
The rear screw ports are covered by snap-in plugs to prevent tampering. They also assist with weather protection.
Six sizes of commandCASE cast metal housings are available in each version – from 230 x 200 x 120 mm to 430 x 300 x 120 mm. There is a 1-degree die casting draft to allow for cast ejection.
The chloroprene lid gasket is designed for temperatures ranging from -30°C to +90°C. That range can be increased by specifying a silicon gasket (-50°C to +140°C).
Customers can also specify an EMC gasket to prevent electromagnetic interference. Other accessories include an internal mounting plate.
The new commandCASE is one of six ranges of controller cases designed and manufactured by ROLEC.
It boasts a proud pedigree, having evolved from ROLEC’s popular aluCASE series which is available with a range of protection ratings: IP66, IP67 and IP69K.
ROLEC has designed commandCASE to be compatible with its taraPLUS range of suspension arms for machine controllers.
These IP54 multi-variable arms can handle light to medium loads ranging from 30.5 kg to 51 kg, depending on how the system is configured.
ROLEC electronic housings are marketed in the UK by OKW Enclosures Ltd which is based in Fareham, Hampshire.
OKW Sales and Marketing Director Robert Cox said: “We are seeing increasing demand for dedicated suspension arm housings so commandCASE is a very welcome addition to the ROLEC range.
“Pairing commandCASE with the taraPLUS suspension arm creates an unbeatable combination which we expect to be very popular,” he added.
Features of new ROLEC commandCASE:
- Elegant diecast aluminium enclosures for electronic and electrical control equipment
- Designed for mounting on a wall, bulkhead, machine housing or suspension arm
- Available in three versions: Standard (hinged lid and snap closures), Version I (hinged lid and screw fixing) Version II (screw-fixed lid with lid retaining straps)
- Highly attractive wing grips fitted on the front lid enable comfortable opening of the lid or positioning if suspended
- Recessed area in the lid for mounting a membrane keypad or product label
- Captured lid fixing screws on Version I and II
- Screw bosses in base and lid for mounting components
- Materials – diecast aluminium EN AC- 44300 DIN EN 1706 (GD AL Si 12/DIN 1725); wing handle edges, polyoxymethylene (POM); lid straps (Version II) polypropylene (PP)
- Colours – powder coat, Light Grey (RAL 7035); wing grip edges Anthracite Grey (RAL 7016)
- Complies with Russian GOST R standards
- Options/accessories – silicon gasket, EMC protection, corrosion-proof coating, key lock (Standard case), internal mounting plate.
All ROLEC electronics, electrical and instrument enclosures can be supplied to custom specifications – drilled, milled and tapped ready for the installation of switches, displays, connectors and cable glands.
Customisation options also include printing of logos and legends plus painting. Sixteen colours are available from stock at no extra cost. Other colours may be specified at an additional cost.
Family-owned ROLEC Enclosures has at least three decades of experience in manufacturing housings for electrical and electronic equipment.
Its robust metal (and GRP) housings are designed to withstand the demands of the world’s most challenging industrial environments.
ROLEC enclosures will be on show with OKW and METCASE cases at the Southern Electronics 2014 exhibition (Stand G78) on February 12 and 13 at FIVE in Farnborough, Hampshire.
For more information, contact OKW Sales and Marketing Director Robert Cox +44 (0)1489 583858 or view ROLEC’s website.
Notes For Editors
OKW Enclosures Ltd
15 Brunel Way
Tel: +44 (0)1489 583858
Fax: +44 (0)1489 583836
ROLEC has decades of experience in the design and manufacture of industrial enclosures for electronics and electrical equipment.
Its extensive range of innovative enclosures is brought to you in the UK by partner OKW Enclosures Ltd.
ROLEC is a medium-sized family-owned enterprise which manufactures exclusively at its factory in Rinteln, northern Germany.
ROLEC keeps all catalogued products in stock and uses ultra-modern machines to modify enclosures to individual requirements. ROLEC supplies fully finished enclosures without delay at competitive prices and “just in time."