Global antimicrobial coating market volume was estimated at 310.3 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 589.8 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 9.8% from 2014 to 2020.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) May 19, 2014
The global antimicrobial coatings market is expected to reach USD 4,520.3 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research Inc. Growing demand for medical device coatings is expected to remain a key market driver over the next six years. In addition to increasing market penetration of indoor air quality products, mainly in the U.S. is also expected to have a positive impact on the market over the forecast period.
Stringent regulatory scenario, primarily in Europe and U.S. on account of increasing health concerns and the issues and costs associated with product registration is expected to remain a key challenge for the industry participants over the next six years. Additionally, volatile prices of silver and other raw materials are also expected to have a dampening effect on market profitability.
The report “Antimicrobial Coatings Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020,” is available now to Grand View Research customers at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/antimicrobial-coatings-market.
Request Free Sample of This Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/antimicrobial-coatings-market/request.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global antimicrobial coating market volume was estimated at 310.3 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 589.8 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 9.8% from 2014 to 2020.
- Surface modification coatings dominated the global market and as the leading product segment, accounted for 53.9% of total market volume in 2013. Global revenue for antimicrobial powder coatings is expected to reach USD 2,213.2 million by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 13.2% from 2014 to 2020.
- Indoor air quality emerged as the leading application market for antimicrobial coatings and accounted for 26.9% of total volume in 2013. Global antimicrobial coating demand for medical applications is expected to reach 151.6 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 10.2% from 2014 to 2020.
- North America dominated the global market and accounted for 39% of total market volume in 2013. North America along with being the largest market is also expected to be the fastest growing market for antimicrobial coatings, at an estimated CAGR of 10.6% from 2014 to 2020. European market revenue, on the other hand is expected to reach USD 1,043.9 million by 2020.
- The global antimicrobial coatings market is moderately concentrated with top four participants including AkzoNobel NV, Sherwin-Williams, Dow Microbial Control and Diamond Vogel accounting for over 40% of global demand in 2013.
Inquiry Before Buying @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/328
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the antimicrobial coatings market on the basis of product, application and region:
- Global Antimicrobial Coatings Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Antimicrobial Powder Coatings
• Surface Modifications and Coatings
- Global Antimicrobial Coatings Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Indoor Air Quality
• Mold Remediation
• Antimicrobial Textiles
- Antimicrobial Coatings Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse All Paints, coatings & printing inks Market Reports @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/paints-coatings-and-printing-inks.
Latest Publication By Grand View Research:
Medical Gases Market By Product (Oxygen, Nitrogen, Helium, Laser Gas, Lung Gas, Aerobic, Anaerobic Mixtures, Helium Oxygen Gas Mixtures, Medical Air, Carbon Dioxide-Oxygen, Laser Gas, Lung Gas, Ethylene Oxide), By Equipment (Manifolds, Outlets, Medical Air Compressors, Masks) Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/medical-gases-market) The global market for medical gases and equipment is expected to reach USD 10.52 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. The implementation of industry friendly regulations such as the FDA Safety and Innovation Act in the U.S. and growing patient awareness levels are expected to drive market growth over the next six years.
Polyphenols Market Analysis By Product (Grape Seed, Green Tea and Apple), By Application (Functional Beverages, Functional Food and Dietary Supplements) And Segment Forecasts To 2020 (http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/polyphenols-market-analysis) The global market for polyphenols is expected to reach USD 1,025.7 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing geriatric population mainly in U.S., Western Europe and Japan is expected to drive polyphenols demand over the forecast period. Growing consumer awareness regarding health benefits offered by polyphenols is also expected to augment the demand, especially in relatively developed markets.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519