Now, people can clearly see the priority-level of each call and SMS in real time – or get that information the instant they switch their smartphone back on -- and then manage their response accordingly.
Cupertino, CA (PRWEB) October 15, 2013
VIPS International Ltd. has launched a new app that is designed to revolutionize how people prioritize calls and SMS using their Android smartphone: CallzApp.
Though dialing is the most important function of a smartphone, by default all calls and SMS are treated as the same -- whether they’re of high priority or not. However, CallzApp is the world’s first and only app that conveys a visual representation of the priority to the recipient, with each call and SMS. Here’s how it works:
- Callers rank their calls and SMS with one of four labels: emergency, urgent, important or casual (for SMS, the first three labels are available).
- If receivers have CallzApp installed, they’ll see the priority level and can choose to answer accordingly.
- If receivers don’t have CallzApp installed, they’ll receive an SMS with the priority information.
- If the receiver’s phone is switched off, they’ll be alerted to all priority-tagged missed calls the instant they power back on.
In addition, CallzApp is the only app that brings call functionliaty and SMS logs together on the same screen, and color-codes them based on priority label: red for emergency, orange for urgent, yellow for important, and green for casual. Business users will also love how CallzApp notes the most recent communication (call or SMS) in the contact list, and the communication status categorised by week, month or quarter.
CallzApp is perfect for a variety of real-life scenarios, such as:
- when people switch their phone to silent mode while in meetings and conferences, and inevitably ignore all calls because they all seem unimportant or low-priority;
- when people switch off their phone while traveling on trains, and have no clue of the importance of the calls they missed when they switch back on;
- when people call multiple times due to an urgent situation – now, they just need to call once;
- and many more personal and business situations where knowing communication priority is valuable – or even essential.
“In life, not all communication carry the same priority – and yet according to their smartphone, everything is same, irrespective of their priority,” commented Vipin Selvaraj VIPS International Ltd. “However, CallzApp understands that life doesn’t work that way! Now, people can clearly see the priority-level of each call and SMS in real time – or get that information the instant they switch their smartphone back on -- and then manage their response accordingly.”
In addition to the above-noted features, CallzApp has a special screen that enables rapid “3-click” calling to fire, ambulance or police in the event of an emergency. There is also a personal emergency contact field that users can customize.
Added Mr. Selvaraj: “During an emergency, most people are anxious and their hands are shaking, which can lead to inaccurate dialing – especially since it normally takes six clicks to dial emergency numbers. However, with CallzApp, people can accomplish this task with incredible accuracy in just three clicks. CallzApp does more than save time and effort – it can also save lives!”
CallzApp, the world’s first and only app that conveys visual representation of priority with each call and SMS, is available now from Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vips.callzapp&hl=en.
About VIPS International Ltd.
Based in London, UK and established in 2005, VIPS International Ltd focus on mobile application development for iOS and Android platforms.
VIPS International have recently expanded their cross-discipline portfolio with the release of their next-generation communication app “CallzApp,” which aims to revolutionize how the world uses calling and SMS.
Learn more at http://www.callz-app.com.