In the past, there was no simple and easy way for iOS users to set DNS servers for a Wi-Fi or cellular network
Cupertino, CA (PRWEB) February 18, 2016
iOS users who are frustrated that the only choices they have to set DNS servers for a Wi-Fi or cellular network are to change the settings on their device, or reconfigure their router, can now take advantage of a third – and far superior – option delivered by the must-have new app DNS Override by QRMedia.
Available at no-cost, DNS Override is the first and only app that lets users quickly and easily set and change global DNS server preferences on their iPhone or iPad. Users can choose from several popular public DNS providers, such as OpenDNS, Google PublicDNS, Norton ConnectSafe and more, as well as 11 SmartDNS providers that offer various enhanced features, including access to geo-restricted content – such as Hulu,Netflix, BBC, Pandora, Spotify, and more -- filtering adult or objectionable content,blocking ads, avoiding SPAM, and more.
Other key DNS Override special features include:
- Support for both Wi-Fi and cellular connections on all devices running iOS9.
- A global setting for all Wi-Fi and cellular connections, which avoids the need toconfigure each connection.
- The option to create customized DNS profiles, and switch between them with onetap.
- Direct, fast and secure connection between a device and designated DNS provider, with no VPN link to any third party.
- The option to change DNS settings in a matter of seconds.
- A full, regularly updated list of each DNS’s IP addresses.
- Simple, streamlined usage -- no technical knowledge is required.
- Access to an ever-growing selection of new DNS providers.
“In the past, there was no simple and easy way for iOS users to set DNS servers for a Wi-Fi or cellular network,” commented Tomasz Koperski of QRMedia. “But now and for the first time, DNS Override completely solves this problem. Also, depending on the DNS
provider they choose, users can enjoy many enhanced benefits, including faster and more reliable Internet access, improved security, automatic domain typo correction,access to geo-restricted content, and more!”
DNS Override is available now at no-cost from the App Store at:
For additional app details, visit https://www.dnsoverride.com.
For all other information or media inquiries, contact Mark Johnson on behalf of QRMedia at +1 408 757 0156 or press (at)appshout(dot)com.
QRMedia is a mobile development company based in Poland that specializes in creating network utility apps. In addition to DNS Override, the company’s other apps include Weblock, the #1 ad blocking solution for iOS that has been downloaded more than half a million times since 2012.