Faceballs is designed for fun, laughs, smiles, and yes, the inexplicable bliss of seeing your and your friends’ faces in ball-form, and then doing all kinds of wacky things with your device to score points and win big.
Cupertino, CA (PRWEB) November 05, 2013
Once in a long while, a new game comes along that is so unique that it defies categorization -- it simply has to be personally experienced to be understood and appreciated. And the latest app deserving of this coveted requirement is Faceballs from Cambrian Soul, which, according to one happy gamer, “has forever changed the way I think about faces. And balls.”
In the simplest terms, Faceballs is a hilarious, unique, fun and challenging suite of games and activities for iPhone or iPad where users move their device around to bounce together spheres. Sound fairly normal? Hold on -- the fun is just beginning.
The spheres referred to here aren’t ordinary, everyday balls. They’re actual pictures of users an their friends that are saved in the app’s library of Custom Faceballs, which include:
- Pre-created cartoons, including “The Professor”, “Slippery Pete”, and “Wilson the Volleyball”
- Profile pictures of Facebook friends
- Existing or new photos of friends, pets, or anything else that can be scaled via the app’s handy scaling feature and turned into a spherical “face”
Plus, each custom-created sphere (a.k.a. “faceball”) can be designated as a regular character or “boss” within the game, and faceballs can be further categorized into sub-libraries and groups.
Other unique special features include fun music and great sound effects, score tracking Game Center integration, and two exciting multi-mode gameplay options:
- The PlayPen, which is essentially a fun sandbox mode where users can do pretty much anything they can imagine, such as toss faceballs gently through the air, shatter them against a wall, maneuver them through a lightning storm, put them into orbit around a fiery sun, turn on the trash compactor for some mind-squashing action the possibilities are endless.
- Mini-Games, such as “Duck’s Revenge” where users must rely on quick reactions and accurate touch to shoot faceballs as they fly across the screen; and “Ice Balls”, where users must deftly tilt their device to avoid collisions and fire snowballs and hockey pucks in a local ice rink, all because a rogue penguin has hijacked a Zamboni.
“The world can be a serious place, and there are plenty of serious apps for people who do serious things,” commented Jeremy Nelson, lead developer and producer. “However, Faceballs is designed for fun, laughs, smiles, and yes, the inexplicable bliss of seeing your and your friends’ faces in ball-form, and then doing all kinds of wacky things with your device to score points and win big.”
Added Mr. Nelson: “Essentially, it all comes down to this: people like their iPhone or iPad. People like their friends. And people like balls. When you put them all together, you get Faceballs. What more could you ask for?”
Faceballs, the hilarious, unique, fun and challenging new app that lets users create custom photos that appear in the game, is available in the App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/app/faceballs/id639856522.
Additional app information, including screenshots, is available at http://faceballsapp.com.
For more information or media inquiries, contact Mark Johnson on behalf of Cambrian Soul at +1 408 757 0156 or press(at)appshout(dot)com.
About Cambrian Soul
Faceballs is the first major release from the Los Angeles-based indie app company.
Learn more at http://faceballsapp.com.