Within minutes, users can resolve construction tasks, discover new levels, generate achievements, compete with friends, and boost their mathematical reasoning skills and understanding.
Cupertino, CA (PRWEB) December 02, 2014
Students, teachers and math enthusiasts of all knowledge levels – from beginners to more advanced learners -- who want an exciting, interesting and way to study plane geometry anytime and anywhere on their iPad, can now head to App Store and download the innovative new app GeoCon HD from developer Oleh Yudin.
Unlike boring textbooks, GeoCon HD re-invents the study of plane geometry by empowering users to create various geometric constructions with the touch of a finger. And for users who are unfamiliar with the subject, or who want to brush-up their knowledge, the app offers easy tutorial steps that provide instruction on: setting and moving points, constructing lines and circles, and creating intersection points.
Other GeoCon HD special features include:
- The ability to move, scale and rotate the canvas, as well as move points to generate a different perspective on a level.
- 38 levels that can be completed in a several different ways, which adds novelty,variety and creativity to the learning experience.
- 4 different learning categories: Basic Constructions, Line Segments, Triangles, and Circles.
- Gold and silver medals for completing levels (gold is for solving levels in the least possible number of moves).
- A great “Practice Mode” that provides an ideal no-pressure learning environment.
- Access to hints, guidance and solutions to help users make it through tough levels.
- Handy “undo” and “redo” buttons that allow users to be experimental and try interesting approaches without worrying that they’ll get stuck.
- Game Center integration, which adds an element of friendly competition as users pit their achievements against friends and other app users worldwide.
In addition, for added realism GeoCon HD rewards users who complete the first three levels with new construction tools, which make completing more complex levels more efficient and less tedious -- which is precisely how a professional mathematician in the field works.
“Plane geometry is one of the most interesting and exciting areas of geometry,” commented Oleh Yudin. “However, many people don’t pursue learning in this area because they’re intimidated by the subject matter, or just find it boring. But GeoCon HD changes all of that. Within minutes, users can resolve construction tasks, discover new levels, generate achievements, compete with friends, and boost their mathematical reasoning skills and understanding – and all while having more fun than they ever imagined!”
GeoCon HD, the exciting, interesting and fun way for students, teachers and math enthusiasts to learn plane geometry, is available now in the App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/app/geocon-hd/id919438593.
A dedicated iPhone version of GeoCon will be also be available soon in the App Store.
Additional app information, including screenshots, is available at http://iappideas.com/geocon.
For all other information including media inquiries, contact Mark Johnson on behalf of Oleh Yudin at +1 408 757 0156 or press (at)appshout(dot)com.
About Oleh Yudin
Based in Ukraine Oled Yudin is an experienced software engineer and development team leader with a PhD degree in math modelling and numerical methods.
With a passion for creating mathematical and educational application for mobile platforms, Oleh has had apps published in the App Store since 2010.