Cupertino, CA (PRWEB) March 31, 2015
* Logs driving quality, number of journeys and other social information
- No-cost navigation, crowd-sourced traffic and HD maps
- More Points of Interest, faster navigation, new user interface
Navmii (formerly known as NavFree) is a fully functioning sat nav app for iPhone and Android that is already being used by more than 23 million people. Providing all the functionality and more that you would expect from a standalone navigation device, Navmii sits on your smartphone or tablet as an app. Best of all it’s completely free to download and use.
New features include:
- An improved user interface that makes it even easier to navigate to destinations
- No-cost real time traffic data, road hazards and events such as accidents or closures
- Smarter search with Google, Foursquare and 17 million new Points of Interest
Peter Atalla, CEO of Navmii says: “These new features will drive the next 23 million users and beyond to Navmii. We have delivered an in app experience that matches or exceeds every other free and paid for navigation device or app on the market.”
Already available in 87 countries (including the USA & Canada, the UK, Eastern and Western Europe, Australia), the app will roll out to an additional countries in the next few months.
“Navigation and location is one of the hottest areas in mobile technology currently, with global giants like Google and Apple competing to deliver relevant services. More than 23 million users globally already trust Navmii to get them to their destinations and, with this update, we are in a position to help drivers get further, quicker and safer.”
Navmii is the world’s leading no-cost satellite navigation app and location-based services company. The Navmii app is available for iOS, Android, Blackberry and Windows Phone devices across the globe. Navmii apps are available for 87 countries on every continent on earth. Navmii has more than 23 million users and uses its own proprietary mapping data combined with the Open Street Map initiative to deliver reliable open sourced navigation to users, who can also contribute information to help the app improve.