Tens of thousands of teachers use our solutions to access a wealth of assessment, monitoring, collaboration and control features, so they can leverage the very best outcomes from their IT equipment.
Cupertino, CA (PRWEB) April 09, 2015
NetSupport announced today that it has released its much-anticipated Android app NetSupport School Tutor, which extends the company’s market-leading “NetSupport School” classroom management solution into dedicated tablet-based educational environments.
Through the NetSupport School Tutor app, teachers are empowered to connect with their students via a school or self-supplied tablet, and access a remarkable array of features that foster student engagement and promote learning outcomes, including:
- Real-time student assessments (individual, peer and group) via an interactive Q&A mode, which makes learning memorable, fun and progressive.
- Class surveys, which can be created in a matter of minutes, and used to benchmark student learning and development. Surveys can also be designed to be answered in real-time, with results shared instantly to individuals or groups.
- Detailed student registers, which are based on standardized or customized information supplied by each student.
- Lesson objectives, which provide students with detailed information on their current lesson plan, as well as overall objectives and expected learning outcomes.
- Student rewards, which can be used to recognize student achievement, promote good behavior, and help with overall classroom management.
In addition, teachers can also use the new NetSupport School Tutor app to: remotely launch websites or transfer files; discreetly monitor real-time screen thumbnails, view students tablets full-screen; lock or “blank out” student screens; initiate teacher-to-student chat sessions to one, some or all students; and view the wireless and battery status for each connected student tablet. And for their part, students can use the app to discreetly inform their teacher that they require help or guidance.
Also of note is that although NetSupport School Tutor is a powerful solution, it has been designed to be very “user friendly” for teachers who prefer to spend their time teaching; not dealing with technical support issues. To that end, the app features two fast and easy methods for connecting to student devices: “rooms” and “roaming”.
- With the “rooms” option, student devices are configured to a specific room that teachers have selected in advance.
- With the “roaming” option, students simply connect to a designated room.
“Tens of thousands of teachers use our solutions to access a wealth of assessment, monitoring, collaboration and control features, so they can leverage the very best outcomes from their IT equipment,” commented Al Kingsley of NetSupport Limited. “Now with our new Android app, teachers can bring all of these benefits into their dedicated tablet-based environments, and enable a whole new level of real-time interaction, classroom management and support”.
The NetSupport School Tutor is designed to be installed on a teacher’s Android tablet (v4.0.3 and above), and is available from Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netsupportsoftware.school.tutor&hl=en.
Students must have the NetSupport School Student App installed, which is available from Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.netsupportsoftware.school.student&hl=en.
Teachers can try the app at no-cost in their environments for 30 days, after which it can be used with their existing NetSupport School licenses. Alternatively, additional licenses may be purchased from their NetSupport reseller.
For all other information including media inquiries, contact Mark Johnson on behalf of NetSupport Limited at +1 408 757 0156 or press(at)appshout(dot)com.
About NetSupport Limited
At NetSupport we specialize in developing commercial and education software packages. Our flagship products are NetSupport School, classroom orchestration and management and NetSupport Manager Remote Control software which are sold to great acclaim all over the world. NetSupport was recently awarded the GESS 2015 Global Education vendor of the year. NetSupport School is also the 2015 PC PRO education product of the year.
Learn more at http://www.netsupportschool.com.