Cupertino, CA (PRWEB) February 06, 2016
The Berlin startup Teamplace entered the cloud storage market in 2015 with unlimited cloud storage for secure file sharing among teams and features making team work far easier. Now the company addresses a common problem when sharing files via WhatsApp and Facebook – the significant loss of quality when sharing photos and videos.
“Smartphones and tablets are the most popular media to record and share images and videos”, said Ole Raack, CEO at Teamplace. “If I share an image or video via WhatsApp for example, the quality is less than the original due to compression. This is annoying – you video something in HD, only to share it in terrible quality. With Teamplace we solve this problem.”
Teamplace now allows its users to invite entire instant messenger groups to free group storage in the cloud. Just as with a WhatsApp or Facebook group, all members upload their images and videos and can leave comments. Images however will not be compressed, and are available in their original quality.
The advantages of using group cloud storage when compared to sharing via instant messengers are clear:
- Images and videos keep their original format and don’t lose any quality through compression as with WhatsApp or Facebook.
- Data volume is not overused as images are optimally displayed on mobile devices.
- Videos and images can be uploaded without any size limit thanks to Teamplace’s unlimited storage.
- Anyone who is a member of the group can upload content.
- Transmission of images and videos is secure.
- Teamplace allows all participants to access all images and videos in a central location after a project meeting, a team event or a vacation among friends for example.
- Teamplace ensures that all rights to images and videos remain with the user.
- When files are no longer required, they will be fully deleted.
Teamplace, the unlimited & secure cloud storage app, is available now for iPhone and iPad in the App Store at: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id318124129
A dedicated Android version is also available via Google Play at:
Watch the Teamplace video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NUSbaZNR44
Press images, including photos of the management team and screenshots can be found at: https://www.teamplace.net/en-us/Info/Press
Teamplace GmbH, founded in 2015, has a clear mission: Making the sharing of files and team collaboration easier than ever before. At its Berlin headquarters, a team of experts developed the Teamplace solution that securely connects teams and groups instantly, allowing an unlimited exchange of files and ideas from different disciplines.
It doesn’t even matter how many friends or colleagues belong to the team, or how big the files exchanged are or even which mobile or stationary devices are used. Free unlimited storage and a complete deletion of files when a team decides a project is finished are among the many highlights of the file sharing solution.
Extensive experience in the field of cloud services and user friendliness was gained by the Teamplace professionals during development and realization of other successful cloud solutions for end users.