"I urge you to join us in March 2016, alongside an array of likeminded individuals to ensure that you too can benefit from this unique forum." - Major General (Ret) Vasileios Raptis, Hellenic Army, NATO SHAPE
London, England (PRWEB UK) 15 February 2016
Some of the most senior military and industry representatives are set to gather next month at SMi’s conference on Future Armoured Vehicles Situational Awareness taking place on 16th and 17th March in Central London.
Supported by the UK Military, this year's event will feature four host nation addresses from senior leaders responsible for platform capability and military operations:
1. Lieutenant Colonel Mark Cornell - Royal Signals, SO1 Requirements Manager, Battlefield and Tactical CIS Delivery Team, ISS, JFC, UK MoD, will present on the development of “Morpheus” as an enhanced means of battlefield communication for UK Land Forces.
2. Lieutenant Colonel Jez Miles - Commanding Officer, Armoured Centre CIS School, British Army, will discuss the various approaches to communications and information systems training for the armed forces.
3. Mr Ian Burch - Assistant Head Open Systems, Land Equipment, DE&S, will explore strategies and architectures for land open systems.
4. Mr Mark Emerton - Technical Authority, Mounted Combat Systems Research Project, DSTL, offers strategic guidance on developing comprehensive situational awareness for mounted close combat in urban environments.
Other event highlights at the only dedicated conference on armoured vehicle communications, situational awareness and systems integration will include:
- Over 15 presentations with keynotes from an international panel of military experts including the British Army; UK MOD; US Army; NATO; Danish Army; Swedish Army; and Norwegian Army.
- An industry spotlight from leading defence contractors influencing platform situational awareness including Selex, Rheinmetall Defence Electronics, General Dynamics Mission Systems and IAI Elta
- Strategic guidance on adapting to concealed threats; working with partners in coalition operations; and protection during cyber and electronic warfare attacks.
- An update on the latest developments in vetronics architecture.
- An outlook into future plans with programmes such as Morpheus UK; AJAX UK; and Stryker USA.
- Best practices on scout surveillance; working with dismounted infantry; optimising system integration; and mounted close combat in urban operations.
- Topical panel debates on operational requirements and complex environments.
Recent bookings include: BAE Systems, Brazilian Army, Harris Systems, OIP Sensor Systems, Qinetiq, Swedish Army and Thales. A list of attendees is available to view here.
Further information is available at http://www.armouredvehicles-sa.com
Future Armoured Vehicles Situational Awareness
16 - 17 March 2016
Hilton London Kensington, UK
Sponsored by: CeramTec-ETEC, IAI ELTA Systems Ltd, Rheinmetall Defence Electronics, Opgal Optronic Industries and Sagem
--- END ---
About SMi Group:
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries. We pride ourselves on having access to the world's most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk